What/Who influenced/inspired you to join up? - Page 4

--

August 30th, 2012  
The Highway Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
Out of the British, we're the only ones clever enough to use a computer.
Err, remind me who sent you the address of the site?
August 30th, 2012  
Capt Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highway Man
Err, remind me who sent you the address of the site?
What's your point?

Not all of us spend all day messing about in the interweb!!!
August 30th, 2012  
The Highway Man

Some of us have got to fill our 3 weeks leave with something rewarding instead of talking to the wife.
--
August 30th, 2012  
Capt Frogman

Mate if you find messing about on the Internet for hours as "rewarding", you really need to get out more!!!

You mean you actually talk to the missus? You must be in a really bad way!
August 30th, 2012  
The Highway Man

I'm back in work on Monday for a rest.
August 30th, 2012  
brinktk

I leave for a month and everything changes...Can't....Handle....Change.... AAAARRRRGGGHHH! Now that I've had my aneurism, lol, it's good that we're getting some new blood in here. Welcome aboard and looking forward to some good diologue even though you are RM's. Notice, I'm really trying to keep these words to three syllables or less just for your benefit! ;p
August 30th, 2012  
m551sheridan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinktk
I leave for a month and everything changes...Can't....Handle....Change.... AAAARRRRGGGHHH! Now that I've had my aneurism, lol, it's good that we're getting some new blood in here. Welcome aboard and looking forward to some good diologue even though you are RM's. Notice, I'm really trying to keep these words to three syllables or less just for your benefit! ;p
I am one of the newbies hereabouts and I am going to step out on a limb here... I suspect Marines here be the same as Marines at home...

know the quickest way to kill a Marine?

empty a few wheelbarrows full of sand next to a concrete block wall, then wait

as soon as one of them pesky Marines saunters by yell out

HIT THE BEACH!!!

gets em every time..........
August 31st, 2012  
84RFK

Didn't join, I was drafted, and enjoyed it.
September 11th, 2012  
muscogeemike

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP8901
What´s unique is that you can meet a service man from any country and you are immediately on the same wavelength.
How right you are! In 1970, while stationed in Japan, I “socialized” with some sailors from the USSR; in the mid ‘70’s I spent some time with the British Army on the Rhine; I spent a great deal of time serving alongside soldiers from the ROK; also served with military from Germany, the Netherlands, Australia, S. Viet Nam, and others I don’t recall. I used to drink with an ex RMC RSM in CA. Military men (except for maybe USAF in the ‘60’s and ‘70’s) are pretty much the same.

Officers and NCO’s have an air of authority about them which is noticeable.
September 11th, 2012  
The Highway Man

As a former Military Police NCO, my wife says I have an arrogant air about me, I informed her she was misunderstanding my confidence and ability to stay calm under pressure.