What if Google was a guy...

He'd be a nosy bastard who want's all your most private details....

No! Fcuk you Google, I'm not going to give you my postal address and phone numbers just so I can use your crappy browser.

Actually I like their browser, it is Google I dislike.
The Browser may be OK, but I resent the way Google is trying to tie everything together, "Google account, facebook, Address Telephone Numbers, relatives, passwords, usernames, friends, you name it. I can no longer access half of ny old accounts like in Panoramio because Google will not recognise my old Username. Effectively it's there for ever, I have lost all control of my own data.

I'm fully aware that they probably know most of my details anyway, but 'm buggered if I'll confirm it for them. They are no more thatn a data mining company who can be pressured by the US Govt. to give out your details, as they have been shown to have done in the past.

So much for their "Privacy Policy"

I agree and it is the reason that I rarely use google, it isn't even my main search engine.

It's bloody frustrating, Google took over Panoramio and now demand that you have a Google+ account to access your own work. But to get that account you have to surrender your most private information to Google. I'm sure that if they were an Australian Company they would be taken to task by the government for breaching the privacy laws.

If you try to use their trouble shooting pages you get led into a series of interlinked loops that take you nowhere always ending with an Error message stating that you have provided an incorrect Username or Password, from whence you start on the same loops again and end up with the same message.

On one occasion I actually managed to find a Message page and asked that if they were no longer going to let me access my own work, that they remove it. They never answered nor removed my work.

Last edited:
Hehe my suggestion is fake it.

Make a Google+ account with fake info, get your work back and then delete the account.

Hehe my suggestion is fake it.

Make a Google+ account with fake info, get your work back and then delete the account.
I tried that first, they won't allow me to link the two accounts as I'd have to access the original account to do it.

I reckon the logic behind their system was designed by Delbot and VD.

Back