What if the cold war started?

Even the US economy in its current conditions won't cope yet another arms race, let alone Russian one. I'm at one with Mr sky2979 here.

Cold war? We would be watching missiles flying over our heads and hitting big cities making a huge noise.

Then, it's done. USSR is gone and USA is gone.

Then we would put a quarantine zone one those areas to not receive radioactive mutants and such useless creatures.

Then Africa will become the next USA after 50years of quick development.

Re: About What if the cold war started?

I can foresee another Cold War! While the leaders of both countries agree on many things the Congress and the Russian Congress of People's Deputies of Russia do not see things similarly. The two countries different on positions such as North Korea, Iran, Argentina, PRC / Taiwan, Israel, its neighboring countries, OPEC, the US dollar versus the Euro and the number one world currency, etc. There are many other potential hot spots or issues around the world.
The next Cold War won't be as hot as the first one was but, I can see many proxy wars with both sides being supplied by both Russia and the USA.
President Dmitry Medvedev and President Obama see a few things the same but, there is still more differences than likes.

I can foresee another Cold War! While the leaders of both countries agree on many things the Congress and the Russian Congress of People's Deputies of Russia do not see things similarly. The two countries different on positions such as North Korea, Iran, Argentina, PRC / Taiwan, Israel, its neighboring countries, OPEC, the US dollar versus the Euro and the number one world currency, etc. There are many other potential hot spots or issues around the world.
The next Cold War won't be as hot as the first one was but, I can see many proxy wars with both sides being supplied by both Russia and the USA.
President Dmitry Medvedev and President Obama see a few things the same but, there is still more differences than likes.
I'd like to know how come that the US Congress and Russia's Congress of People's Deputies do not see things similarly considering the fact that the latter doesn't exist since 1993.

For the United States and Europe, a strong relationship with Russia is essential to handling the most difficult global challenges we face. Terrorism, the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, tight energy markets, climate change, the drug trade, infectious diseases, human trafficking - all these problems are more manageable when we have Russia on our side rather than aligned against it.

I'd like to know how come that the US Congress and Russia's Congress of People's Deputies do not see things similarly considering the fact that the latter doesn't exist since 1993.
Sorry, I didn't know the name of the governing body had changed its name but, Russia's interest are often not shared by the USA. Such doing oil sales in Euros only, Russia wants the price of oil as high as possible ($70+) while the US economy thrives on oil being inexpensive as possible, the missile shield in Poland, etc.

Sorry, I didn't know the name of the governing body had changed its name but, Russia's interest are often not shared by the USA. Such doing oil sales in Euros only, Russia wants the price of oil as high as possible ($70+) while the US economy thrives on oil being inexpensive as possible, the missile shield in Poland, etc.
Lower chamber of Russian parliament is called Duma. Anyway..
There are many disputes between the US and Russia, some of these disputes are of the same age that the US itself. It's not of course only about oil prices and finance regulation, there are political aspects, military problems.. These problems may exist but they don't have to transform US-Russian relations into a cold war. These are just tensions, and it's normal. Is there any country on Earth the US doesn't have tensions with?

Back