What do you guys think about Polish military?

--

August 30th, 2004  
Kamil10

Topic: What do you guys think about Polish military?

I want to hear some opinions on Polish military since Im from Poland.
Thanks
August 30th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Great, you guys have done an excellent job In helping the USA, and Id say you are one of our most trusted friends In the world!
August 30th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

I don't know much about Polish army, but I do have 2 impressions about it:

1. There was during WWII a lot of Polish army officiers executed by Russian Red Army, i just knew it from Chinese history book, but never digged into it why they did that.

2. I once read Polish was very powerful and occupied part or whole of Russia, don't know details about it.

May you can introduce some info about Polish army?

Also I think Poland will become a 100% pure West European country very soon, and you are already in EU, good future for you.
--
August 30th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Whenever I think of the poland, I feel a great saddness for what they endured in past times...

as for their army? I have no clue. But I bet it ain't bad.
August 31st, 2004  
Big_Z

I dont know much but ive heard their "GROM" special forces unit is incredible.
August 31st, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
I dont know much but ive heard their "GROM" special forces unit is incredible.
They are very capable and professional warriors and anyone that comes into contact with them have nothing but the highest regards.
August 31st, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Heres a question, I see alot of Poles with AK varients, but have seen other's with HK weapons and even M-16 Imports. What is the standered issue rifle?
August 31st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Also I think Poland will become a 100% pure West European country very soon, and you are already in EU, good future for you.
Quite true. The Iron Curtain stood in the way before, but they are one of the most devout Catholic countries in Europe. Most of Eastern Europe is Orthodox. So Poland would identify well with the West.

Poland got a bad name for themselves because of something that happened in WW2. Polish cavalry charged the German Panzers with lances and spears. That move didn't reflect too well on Poland.
August 31st, 2004  
lteb2003

Topic: Re: What do you guys think about Polish military?

Never heared of!
August 31st, 2004  
Jason Bourne

Quote:
Heres a question, I see alot of Poles with AK varients, but have seen other's with HK weapons and even M-16 Imports. What is the standered issue rifle?
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dh...oland/JBPW.htm