• HK Socom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colt 45. 1911

• Glock 45. 40. 9mm

• Total voters

Joe252

Ok im gunna buy a new pistol shortly and i want help decideing. If you think theres a gun better than these come out and say it. Also list the cal you think i should buy.

IMO I'd go with a 1911A1. But not Colt I'd go with Kimber or Springfield Armory. Colt costs alot more for less "custom' type work than the Kimbers or the SA stock weapons come with. I've got a Kimber Custom Carry II I use off duty and on plain clothes detail and I love it.

In uniform I carry a Berretta 96 in .40. It's okay.

Yeah the colt if reliable i loved the last one i had it was a springfield. only 448 here. but the bullets are exspensive

Glock 9mm. I have too many bad memories of the 1911 standard issue. I have not fired the Beretta.

Sig P228.

I know it's not on your list.. but it's a damn good investment.

On your list... I would say the 1911.

Missileer said:
Glock 9mm. I have too many bad memories of the 1911 standard issue. I have not fired the Beretta.

What kind of bad memories? Inever had any trouble with mine.

Hicks: im not to familer with the Sig all i know is there sopost to powerful.

Sigs are the best pistols I've ever fired.

They always fit in my hand quite nicely. Here's a picture of the P228.

p228-large.jpg

For more information, if you're interested, here is their website:

http://www.sigarms.com/

very interested. I been wanting to try one of thoughs hk's though

hmmm just looked at the sight and the pistol aint all that big how accurate is it?

It's pretty accurate. I haven't gotten my skills to perfection, but my friend, who owned it before I did was hitting the same point at about 40 feet.

Well yeah, he did.

He's that good with his pistols.

From my understanding, the P228 is very popular with the secret service.

I'd go with a 9mm Glock. So far the Glock is the best pistol I have ever fired. I've only had one problem with it but it was due to the lack of propper care from the gun range. Poor poor pistol. Needed to be cleaned and a new spring inserted. :cry:

im sure the reciol on a glock is whorrible since is made out of plastic.. I heard that the walther is the best new pistol one guy said that they shot 1,000,000 rounds in it. put concreat in it. put it in water. pluged it put of mud and tar and it would still fire

Joe252 said:
Missileer said:

What kind of bad memories? Inever had any trouble with mine.

The weight and recoil were foremost problems. We used pistols from the battery armory that were very old and rattled. I barely qualified.
Also, the design dosen't seem to have "feel" of say a Luger. I don't care for the sights but a Luger has more of a natural, for me, pointing feel.

As in go to the shooting range, test fire it, then you will understand why I picked it as the best buy

Joe252 said:
im sure the reciol on a glock is whorrible since is made out of plastic
Once you get used to the Glocks reciol it's fine. The entire Glock isn't made of plastic. It's top heavy because the upper portion is made of metal.

Back