What gun is this?

RusCan2013

126872809.jpg

Does anybody know what gun this soldier is holding? It looks American, or, at least, Western, but the man is Russian Specnaz, unit "Alfa", I took this off their forum: http://zarodinu.net/forum/viewtopic...d3fb1e82573f5e1166e4bfecbdfb&start=200#p13886

Are Russian forces carrying American weapons now? Has the world really changed so much :D

It is definitely an M4 variant. Hard to tell if it is an HK or otherwise with all the attachments on it. What's also interesting is that almost all the attachments that this guy has on his weapon are also used by the US military. The PEQ 15 (the tan device on the right side up by the barrel) is the exact same one I have attached to my rifle. The optic looks like it's not military issue, probaby an Eotech or Blackhawk. The P-Mag and foregrip are also the exact same type that I use as well.

The interesting point is that I'm curious how much of the Russian military has access to the attachments to their weapons outside of their special operations?

It is definitely an M4 variant. Hard to tell if it is an HK or otherwise with all the attachments on it. What's also interesting is that almost all the attachments that this guy has on his weapon are also used by the US military. The PEQ 15 (the tan device on the right side up by the barrel) is the exact same one I have attached to my rifle. The optic looks like it's not military issue, probaby an Eotech or Blackhawk. The P-Mag and foregrip are also the exact same type that I use as well.

The interesting point is that I'm curious how much of the Russian military has access to the attachments to their weapons outside of their special operations?

Not much, as far as I know. Those crack units like FSB's previously mentioned "Alfa" and "Vympel"
1333283129-rsw0614sl09-06-2010-11-36-19.jpg

various MVD (police, which is Federalized in Russia in the Ministry of Intenral Affairs, aka MVD) specnaz and SOBRs (Combined Rapid Responce Unit, like SWAT) like "Bulat"
35016103.jpeg

and "Rys"
11.jpg

as well as uber-elite military Specnaz GRU units like "Delfin" (Russian SEALs)
451779original.jpg

f2012061816313630797468.jpg

get the best stuff, all the newest indigenous Russian technology and equipment and weapons, and also they are allowed to purchase imported "supplements" with their own money
135309-1920x1200.jpg

233463.gd2012_10_04tong_thong_nga_ban_sung_9.jpg

They are Putin's darlings, he loves them
file.php

They get whatever funding and such they need.

Other units, it seems, make do with whatever else is available
ak-74m.15822.jpg

1362295967_486494690.jpg

Which is not to say whatever else is available is necessarily bad
forma_ot_udashkina_enl_enl.JPG

It's just not top of the line, but AK-103s (above) are alright. It's just that Specnaz already gets the AK-200 Series, while the other less elite branches still think their 100s are the best **** out there ;)

It is not unusual for special forces to carry various kind of weapon. So it's not surprisingly to see specnaz carrying M4.

Back