What good thing happened to you today?

Jessica1988

Life isn't always pleasant, but somewhere in your day something good happened. It's time to celebrate those little things. Did the vending machine drop two Snickers instead of one? Did someone tell you how nice you looked today? Share it here and give yourself a high-five.
smile.gif
52.gif

Life's a blast!.... and I managed to install a new hard drive in my neighbour's laptop saving her a considerable amount.

We'll see how much better it gets once I've rescued her data from the old drive, (fingers crossed)

Went swimming this morning in an over chlorinated pool.
5 hours on I'm still trying to get it out of my eyes haha.
The stinging isn't fun, but the swim was very nice.

I think I have finally manged to understand how my Canon digital camera works after 6 months of brain ache.

They should supply a 6 year old with every digital camera, video and DVD players sold.

No phone call from the school with bad news is good news for me. (two teenagers):shoothea:

I think I have finally manged to understand how my Canon digital camera works after 6 months of brain ache.

They should supply a 6 year old with every digital camera, video and DVD players sold.
It's off topic i know, but what model do you have? I have a cheap Nikon D3000, and a Canon S5 IS, which only cost half as much. I'm absolutely convinced the Canon is a better camera (for an idiot like me anyway) :eek:fftopic: :sorry:

Back on topic:
I woke up to a new day, an empty slate to be filled with my dreams,.....

Last edited:
Well. I have to share this with all of you- its kinda embarrasing, but here goes...

I did cpr on a gentleman who had stopped his vehicle by the side of the road. His wife was with him and informed me that her husband was experiencing chest pain. While I was giving a lookover, the guy just stopped breathing. Next thing I know, I was over him, doing cpr...

This continued for about 10 minutes, another motorist, who stopped by, called for an ambulance, it came to the scene in about 15 minutes time, and they took over me and continued what I started.

I just got off the phone talking to the wife- her husband is alive and currently under observation in the Critical Care unit.

I said it was embarassing because I am a trained CPR provider, and a registered nurse, trained in Critical Care to boot. This is something I am used to doing when I was working in the Critical Care unit. But the feeling- wow! it is something that I thought I had missed- apparently not!

It happened this morning at about 0730hrs (Singapore time). Frankly, I am still wee bit feeling the rush every time I think about it...

Well. I have to share this with all of you- its kinda embarrasing, but here goes...

I did cpr on a gentleman who had stopped his vehicle by the side of the road. His wife was with him and informed me that her husband was experiencing chest pain. While I was giving a lookover, the guy just stopped breathing. Next thing I know, I was over him, doing cpr...

This continued for about 10 minutes, another motorist, who stopped by, called for an ambulance, it came to the scene in about 15 minutes time, and they took over me and continued what I started.

I just got off the phone talking to the wife- her husband is alive and currently under observation in the Critical Care unit.

I said it was embarassing because I am a trained CPR provider, and a registered nurse, trained in Critical Care to boot. This is something I am used to doing when I was working in the Critical Care unit. But the feeling- wow! it is something that I thought I had missed- apparently not!

It happened this morning at about 0730hrs (Singapore time). Frankly, I am still wee bit feeling the rush every time I think about it...

Well done Viper and congratulations. You certainly don't need to feel embarrassed, you should feel proud of yourself.

Last edited:
It's off topic i know, but what model do you have? I have a cheap Nikon D3000, and a Canon S5 IS, which only cost half as much. I'm absolutely convinced the Canon is a better camera (for an idiot like me anyway) :eek:fftopic: :sorry:

Back on topic:
I woke up to a new day, an empty slate to be filled with my dreams,.....

It's a Canon 500D 15 meg. I bought the camera body only as I already had a Canon 300X (35mm) with a 28 to 90 zoom, along with a 70-300 Sigma zoom and a 170-500 zoom, which covers just about 99.99% of anything I want to do.

Regarding your Canon and Nikon, both are good camera's, the only main difference I can see is the Nikons 10.2 meg compared to the Canon's 8 mega pixel and 3 fps continuous shooting for the Nikon while the Canon is 1.5 fps, neither of which will become noticeable for most uses for many amateur photographers. The only other difference I can see is, the Nikon offers a better range of lens. I guess it depends on what you want to use the the camera's for.

I have often heard people criticise Sigma zoom lens when compared to Canon for example or other top grade lens, but at half the price my Sigma do all that I want and with the quality I want. After all said and done, once the photo's are printed very few people can tell the difference anyway. If I turned professional then maybe I'd up grade all of my equipment.

As it happens I have seen some very good results with cheapo bottom of the range camera's.

Last edited:
I was fully cleared and passed through all my pre-enlistment testing. Am now awaiting for a date to start!!!

In the australian army!

Well done Viper and congratulations. You certainly don't need to feel embarrassed, you should feel proud of yourself.

Well... reflecting back on the whole thing now, embarrassed is probably the wrong word to use... the truth is, I don't know how to really explain what I felt and what was going through my mind when I saw the gent just went flat line... I guess all those years as a nurse and the experience and training just took over... I guess. I suppose any of the forum members would have done the same in a given similar situation, wouldn't you?

Honestly, I do feel good about it after a while...

Just the same, the gent is doing pretty well, according to the wife.

I was fully cleared and passed through all my pre-enlistment testing. Am now awaiting for a date to start!!!

In the australian army!

Congratulations!

As for me, the good thing that happened today would be that I finally managed to get a good day's amount of sleep. Been on tenterhooks these past few days, what with work and all. So I guess I should be thankful to God, no matter how small it may seem to be.

Back