What are the first steps for a foreigner to join U.S. military?

you give me simple advice in unknown for you situation. anyways i don't think this forum is an appropriate place to argue it.
I told i want to have military job but can't serve in military of my country. this is my situation.

He's telling you how to get to a point where you can get a military job. If you're just an average joe blow kid, then your chances of immigration are pretty low. If you get an education, you make yourself more competitive from those around you. You have something to offer the society you are going to. If you are not willing to do these things or go through the extra effort to achieve your goals, than you are not prepared for military service anyways...

Also, you need to figure out where your loyalty resides. The reason it is so hard to get into the military from another country is also to protect the world from those who would abuse this training. If your sole purpose is to just join a military regardless of nation, creed, or loyalty...than I personally would not want you to be serving next to me. You want to be a bad azz and I understand that...but if you can't channel it in appropriate ways it's a sure fire way to end up working as an enforcer in questionable organizations...then, you may find yourself on the wrong end of one these militaries...

Last edited:
you give me simple advice in unknown for you situation. anyways i don't think this forum is an appropriate place to argue it.
I told i want to have military job but can't serve in military of my country. this is my situation.

You know what? I have the Swedish flag here because I am Swedish and I will always be Swedish regardless where I am. I am not residing in Sweden, I have immigrated, and I could do that because I have the education and the experience.

Ohhhh what the hell....

Go join the French Foreign Legion, just tell them I sent you... gladly...

2 PROBLEMS:
1st: i need a visa to enter france ,
2nd: i have osgood schlatters disease

So does anybody here know can this disease be an obstacle ? it is 2 bump beneath knees. it caused pain in childhood but when bones stop growing the pain disappears. but these bumps remain as a scar. So anybody does know anything about that?

He's telling you how to get to a point where you can get a military job. If you're just an average joe blow kid, then your chances of immigration are pretty low. If you get an education, you make yourself more competitive from those around you. You have something to offer the society you are going to. If you are not willing to do these things or go through the extra effort to achieve your goals, than you are not prepared for military service anyways...
You know it average b******t that i've have been told many times. What kind of education would you suggest me? probably to get an IT degree... eventually to end up with hemorrhoids. What else? maybe something humanitarian? what kind of rubbish is this? to become a clerk afterward?
HOW DOES ANY EDUCATION WILL HELP ME TO GET MILITARY JOB OUTSIDE OF MY F***** COUNTRY???
Only 2 desires i have are to leave this post-soviet garbage and second to have the job that would like.

You know i blame myself for watching a lot of Hollywood b******t like black hawk dawn . since then i got this illusion about U.S. and its military . I wasted a lot of time learning wrong language.

Also, you need to figure out where your loyalty resides. The reason it is so hard to get into the military from another country is also to protect the world from those who would abuse this training. If your sole purpose is to just join a military regardless of nation, creed, or loyalty...than I personally would not want you to be serving next to me. You want to be a bad azz and I understand that...but if you can't channel it in appropriate ways it's a sure fire way to end up working as an enforcer in questionable organizations...then, you may find yourself on the wrong end of one these militaries...
a couple more words about this "education".
Education here doesn't educate anybody , first purpose that it has is to CONTROL.
to make people think in the way government wants it to. Here an average male never picks up a gun because it's almost forbidden here. but ok, in Mexico as well guns are banned despite there a lot of people have it and use it. But HERE the worst part that this "education" makes everybody forget about guns and make them like CATTLE. Here vodka is much more popular anyway. Forget about any "russian mafia" ... it's already A TALE. even if it exists, it is controlled by FSB or maybe it exists in some parallel universe i don't know... crimes here are like one alcoholic dumbshit hits other one's head with empty bottle of vodka . something like that...
and of course "police" here does everything what criminals should do. Like drug trafficking , sale of drugs, controlling prostitute business and many others things... about tortures that local police here used to practice - you can google yourself.
And i am somewhere in the BOTTOM of this swamp of piss and s.h.i.t.

And all what we have here brought our russians friends . two things i regret are that chechens lost the war and that i was a child when this war was going on.

Last edited:
Look at a degree as a visa. If you can get an education do it. It will open many doors no matter how worthless that bit of paper actually is. A degree would make you someone. If you just sit there and wait nothing will happen and you will go nowhere. It is likely that just waiting would take longer than a degree would take.... Get educated and get out.

Look at a degree as a visa. If you can get an education do it. It will open many doors no matter how worthless that bit of paper actually is. A degree would make you someone. If you just sit there and wait nothing will happen and you will go nowhere. It is likely that just waiting would take longer than a degree would take.... Get educated and get out.
aren't you tired of all this one way b******t? to leave the country i need a passport and a ticket. 1st thing i already have. we have free-visa regime with a lot of latin american countries . like mexico, central america, brazil. i know spanish the same as i do english . i give no **** what you think but i believe i can find some organizations in that part of world that would accept people regardless owning shitty pieces of paper called citizenship or degree

Last edited:
aren't you tired of all this one way b******t? to leave the country i need a passport and a ticket. 1st thing i already have. we have free-visa regime with a lot of latin american countries . like mexico, central america, brazil. i know spanish the same as i do english . i give no **** what you think but i believe i can find some organizations in that part of world that would accept people regardless owning shitty pieces of paper called citizenship or degree

It is true- you have been watching too many Hollywood movies. Right now, you are blaming everyone and anyone for your so-called misfortune.

I take it that you are young- therefore I will treat you as one. Everyone of us has problems- the problems will not go away until you address them. No one can offer solutions. we can offer options. Your job is to seek those solutions.

Right now, you ARE the problem, buddy, and until you set your priorities straight, you will be where you are...

Your argument is like a drunk leaning against a lampost- definitely not for illumination...

Why don´t you just piss off and sign up for a death squad in Latin America. I'm sure you have the qualifications they're looking for.

Empty vessels make the most sound.

You know it average b******t that i've have been told many times. What kind of education would you suggest me? probably to get an IT degree... eventually to end up with hemorrhoids. What else? maybe something humanitarian? what kind of rubbish is this? to become a clerk afterward?
HOW DOES ANY EDUCATION WILL HELP ME TO GET MILITARY JOB OUTSIDE OF MY F***** COUNTRY???
Only 2 desires i have are to leave this post-soviet garbage and second to have the job that would like.

You know i blame myself for watching a lot of Hollywood b******t like black hawk dawn . since then i got this illusion about U.S. and its military . I wasted a lot of time learning wrong language.

a couple more words about this "education".
Education here doesn't educate anybody , first purpose that it has is to CONTROL.
to make people think in the way government wants it to. Here an average male never picks up a gun because it's almost forbidden here. but ok, in Mexico as well guns are banned despite there a lot of people have it and use it. But HERE the worst part that this "education" makes everybody forget about guns and make them like CATTLE. Here vodka is much more popular anyway. Forget about any "russian mafia" ... it's already A TALE. even if it exists, it is controlled by FSB or maybe it exists in some parallel universe i don't know... crimes here are like one alcoholic dumbshit hits other one's head with empty bottle of vodka . something like that...
and of course "police" here does everything what criminals should do. Like drug trafficking , sale of drugs, controlling prostitute business and many others things... about tortures that local police here used to practice - you can google yourself.
And i am somewhere in the BOTTOM of this swamp of piss and s.h.i.t.

And all what we have here brought our russians friends . two things i regret are that chechens lost the war and that i was a child when this war was going on.

All I see here is a whiny little child. Poor you, oh poor you. Do you want us to think for you? Do you want us to do all this training for you too? If you want to be part of a professional military then it is going to take work. It is not going to be easy. You can sit on your azz and whine and cry about how bad you have it or you can do something about it. Professional soldiers take action. Professional soldiers don't sit around feeling sorry for themselves. So you can lose the fvcking attitude you're giving those of us who are trying to help you. If you don't like the advice you're hearing, go away. Go to South America and work for a drug cartel or revolutionary militia. I will be looking forward to hunting you down in the future.

All I see here is a whiny little child. Poor you, oh poor you. Do you want us to think for you? Do you want us to do all this training for you too? If you want to be part of a professional military then it is going to take work. It is not going to be easy. You can sit on your azz and whine and cry about how bad you have it or you can do something about it. Professional soldiers take action. Professional soldiers don't sit around feeling sorry for themselves. So you can lose the fvcking attitude you're giving those of us who are trying to help you. If you don't like the advice you're hearing, go away. Go to South America and work for a drug cartel or revolutionary militia. I will be looking forward to hunting you down in the future.

Hmmm... drug cartel or revolutionary militia... sounds interesting.

I think they do not need any qualification or degree- any dumbo can join.

Go for it, sonny...:jump:

When we are 19 we think we knew it all. In fact, we don't. 42RM, brinktk, Freyja, BritinAfrica, KJ, viper, and many others are professional warriors; they knew things many do not. They are telling you the truth, I am fighting other kind of battles, and my battlefields were the Boxing Day 2004 and Haiti. Sometimes I think I am at war with Mother Earth, she shelter us, she feeds us, she gives us breath taking landscapes, and she kills. If I have been degrading toward any of the warriors here; I apologize, but I can view human conflicts so ridiculous sometimes. But I take the opportunity right now to thank you all for the logistical support you gave me and my colleges at these times. You saved thousands after thousands. Back to the subject here, I can see a pain, something really bad happened to you, mmmny. I think I know what it is; you need to come to terms with this pain.

When we are 19 we think we knew it all. In fact, we don't. 42RM, brinktk, Freyja, BritinAfrica, KJ, viper, and many others are professional warriors; they knew things many do not. They are telling you the truth, I am fighting other kind of battles, and my battlefields were the Boxing Day 2004 and Haiti. Sometimes I think I am at war with Mother Earth, she shelter us, she feeds us, she gives us breath taking landscapes, and she kills. If I have been degrading toward any of the warriors here; I apologize, but I can view human conflicts so ridiculous sometimes. But I take the opportunity right now to thank you all for the logistical support you gave me and my colleges at these times. You saved thousands after thousands. Back to the subject here, I can see a pain, something really bad happened to you, mmmny. I think I know what it is; you need to come to terms with this pain.

Mmmny, that is sound advice. My days of "warrioring" (if there was ever a word like that) are over, but the memories are not. My country has never faced a war, other that what it went through during the last major conflict. It has never been forgotten by the leaders of my country, therefore we vowed that it would never happen again- at least we will try to achieve that. That is very much shared by the Israelis, and many other nation, I think.

When some here mentioned that getting an education is way out- that is sound advice, too. You can actually get out of your country on the excuse of getting an education overseas....

You and only you can control the direction your life takes from now on.
You can choose to bury youself in self-pity, or to fight to get a better life. If you want to be a warrior - you fight.

There is always a way out, but you need to create the path yourself.
"Who Dares Wins" It's not just a saying - it works.
Now, straighten your back, get your balls back in place and get started.

You can choose to bury youself in self-pity, or to fight to get a better life. If you want to be a warrior - you fight.

I'l drink to that Freyja.:drink:

mmmny you need to realise that soldiering is not a game, its not a computer game where if you or your "team" get killed you press the restart button, people die and get maimed for real, families grieve for their loved ones not for days but for decades until they too pass on, people are maimed for real and that's how they stay for the rest of their lives. Like many other families my family lost two people during WW2, my grandfather and grandmother never got over the loss of their son, nor did they get over the death of a cousin. War is not romantic or glorious its disgusting, its brutal, its filthy, its heartbreaking. Could you handle hearing a comrade screaming in agony and knowing you can't do a damn thing about, or it could be you who's doing the screaming.

You need to wake up young man and live the life you've got and be thankful for what you have got.

Last edited:

Amen !

There is always a lot of rows to be hoed, and if you ever want to make it to harvest in life you gotta get out there and start throwing down.

No matter who you are or what you do in life.

There are other ways to leave a country, they are legal and in the end you will probably have a much higher income than you ever can get in any PMC.

Last edited:
Back