what exactly are these two up to?

egoz

i realize that this could be taken out of context, so i won't judge these soldiers. http://www.datter.com/video/soldiers.wmv]but it looks like they're shooting a few grenades at an old car.[/url] if anyone could translate the video, that'd be nice too. especially since i'm sure it's not saying anything nice about what's going on.

There are wounded Iraqis without weapons in the car.

.... is probably what the text is saying.

But seriously, it looks like he's just BSing around and shootin' a broken down ol' car. I really don't know.

Who realy knows, they could be saying anything. However thier are alot of vidoes involving marines going around right now.

FlyingFrog said:
Anyone watched this Vedio?
I got no clue what it is about, and where?

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/helicopterkills.mpg
i believe that's from Desert Shield/Desert Storm. it's an AH-64 and he's shooting up bad guys. it's been going around, there's a lot of fun helo vids. which reminds me...hmm, i might need to start another thread. :)

i brought up that thing with the soldiers fooling around because it's so easy to misinterpret what's going on and make the US look bad. al-qaeda recruiting tapes are full of clips like that. the tape that i saw had clips from desert storm and they were showing soldiers gloat over the people they were shooting up.

hahas, in the video those soldeirs doesnt seem very professional-trained
1) they dont have efficient cover( well, who cares, but its in urban grounds and enemy insurgents might snipe)
2) Damn.... they reload so slowly with the grenade launcher: not good for urban battlefield
3) the first guy fires the grenade(claps) the second guy seems to be stuck somewhere between his day-dream and the reality world in iraq

LOL teh usa is teh badily trayned!

But you bring up a point, sence they were so layed back, perhaps they weren't in any danger zone and thus they were only messing around, and not checking for IEDs.

I don't know.

dosent look like they are the danger zone with that layed back style, but why is the other guy securing the shooter (presuming they are not in the dangerzone)?

So when your in the field you can just screw around with your supplies? That might sound like a stupid question but I was wondering if you could just put cans on a wall and shoot at em when your bored :D

Then again youd regret it if you ran outa ammo in a firefight...

soulja said:
So when your in the field you can just screw around with your supplies? That might sound like a stupid question but I was wondering if you could just put cans on a wall and shoot at em when your bored :D

Then again youd regret it if you ran outa ammo in a firefight...

A lesson lived is a lesson learned. :twisted:

2ndShockarmy said:
hahas, in the video those soldeirs doesnt seem very professional-trained
1) they dont have efficient cover( well, who cares, but its in urban grounds and enemy insurgents might snipe)
2) Damn.... they reload so slowly with the grenade launcher: not good for urban battlefield
3) the first guy fires the grenade(claps) the second guy seems to be stuck somewhere between his day-dream and the reality world in iraq

They seem to being doing all right to me. He's not clapping. He's slapping the mechanism on the 203. It probabley stuck do to an expanded casing that made the action tight. You can see he's having a hard time ejecting it.

The second one is providing outboard security.

Actually the query is: what the h*ll are they shooting at? Is that man on the left smirking at the camera? I'm confused. :?

If you guys are saying that they are shooting at cans or useless junk, that's h*ll of a waste on taxpayers money. I doubt that they are wasting ordinance for fun.

The second one is providing outboard security.
Thats not a guy I would choose to secure me. As shockarmy wrote he "...seems to be stuck somewhere between his day-dream and the reality...".

I've noticed the two guy's movements are a bit akward. The guy who is loading the grenade launcher looks like he feels dizzy and the second guy providing cover is Zzzzzz...oh well, I guess they didn't have enough sleep.

Secrecy said:
I've noticed the two guy's movements are a bit akward. The guy who is loading the grenade launcher looks like he feels dizzy and the second guy providing cover is Zzzzzz...oh well, I guess they didn't have enough sleep.

Once again. You've been in how many Combat Zones? Until the context of this footage is known no one here knows the circumstance.

So why is it necessary to berate them.

Secrecy said:
Oh lighten up! I was only joking!

Joking about Soliders/Marines involved in Combat Operations is not something I will lighten up on.

Berating them and/or having fun at their expense does a disservice to their sacrifice.

Back