What enviroment is the toughest to fight/train in?

What enviroment is the toughest to train/fight in

• Urban

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Desert

• Woodland

• Mountains

• Plains/ flat land

• Sea/beaches

• Jungle

• Other

• Total voters
Artic as far as I know never worked in desert. It's not fun to freeze no matter what you do. Your equipment brakes because of the cold, the rifle freeze up on you and so on...

I think arctic should be replaced by snowy/icy/frigid which I think without a doubt is the toughest.

I knew it, i knew i would forget the most obvious one. stick it under other and just type jungle out, will have to do.

Here in Finland when you finish basic training you have a field excercise which usually lasts for a week. It was February back then and it was -35 degrees celsius. That would be around -31 fahrenheit. During that week I got third degree frostbites on my fingers which made me lose all sensitivity in my fingers and it took four months for them to heal.

The stupid thing about it was that after the training finished we had a weekend-leave coming up and I just didn't complain even though my fingers were pretty much useless. Right after the leave was finished the doctor said that I was extremely lucky and I made a mistake not coming to see him right away. The doctor said that for three weeks you can't use your right hand, so I didn't have to salute. :p

Hegario said:
Here in Finland when you finish basic training you have a field excercise which usually lasts for a week. It was February back then and it was -35 degrees celsius. That would be around -31 fahrenheit. During that week I got third degree frostbites on my fingers which made me lose all sensitivity in my fingers and it took four months for them to heal.

The stupid thing about it was that after the training finished we had a weekend-leave coming up and I just didn't complain even though my fingers were pretty much useless. Right after the leave was finished the doctor said that I was extremely lucky and I made a mistake not coming to see him right away. The doctor said that for three weeks you can't use your right hand, so I didn't have to salute. :p

i know what you mean and where did you do you service, Lappi vai?

Snauhi said:
i know what you mean and where did you do you service, Lappi vai?

I served in Rovaniemi. Our "morttileiri" was at this really nice place called Rovajärvi which must be pretty familiar to every Finnish man. :)

I voted for Artic/Winter. Here are some pics of the Israeli Unit "Alpinistim", which is responsible for protection of Israels highet mountain and oly sky area, mount Hermon. The mountain is half in Israeli hands alf in Syrian hands, so in war it is expected to be a battlefield. It also has a clear virw deep into Sirya, making it a stratigic asset.

alphinistim2.jpg

alpine-20.jpg

alpine5.jpg

alpine-11.JPG

alpine23.jpg

I asked a infantry man this and he told me its mountain fighting hands down. Not because of the weather but because of the ferocity of the fire fights. Trying to make your way up a mountain with 80 fanatical terrorist at the top is not a pretty sight.

So many votes for Artic/Winter??? :shock:
But that's fun.... :lol:
We had the first snowfall here yesterday by the way... :D

I would rather fight in -30C than +40C, I've got no problem with cold weather, I'm used to that, but I'm not comfortable at all in high temperatures..

I don't have any experience with jungle training, but I assume it would be the worst for me, so my vote goes to that... :?

Big_Z said:
I asked a infantry man this and he told me its mountain fighting hands down. Not because of the weather but because of the ferocity of the fire fights. Trying to make your way up a mountain with 80 fanatical terrorist at the top is not a pretty sight.

I think thats the main trouble the allies had in italy in WW2, when the germans had secured the mountains it took a lot of hard fighting to get them out as the terrain has so many advantages if your defending it. The mountains in winter would probably be the worst as you would have to deal with the cold, the ice, snow, weapons freezing, so many problems.

If your at the top of a mountain you can either defeat the enemy or die trying, you cant just retreat. If your lucky they might take you as a pow but seeing how pissed off they would be id doubt it.

Artic and winter because I can´t tell if it would be worse in Deserts because there I have never been so I say winter. :D

I hate deep snow in combination of sleetsnow storms and drastic dropping temperatures, you get soaky wet of sweat and sleetsnow then you get cold like a snowman and your equipment just drag you deeper and deeper down in the snow to your waist and then a invisible ditch with thin ice and you get wet all up to your thighbones.

I really hate the winter. Out there you only wish that :santa: could make a visit with his reindeers and a barrel of hot wine punch. :lol:

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

Back