What enviroment is the toughest to fight/train in?

View Poll Results :What enviroment is the toughest to train/fight in
Urban 10 20.41%
Desert 3 6.12%
Woodland 1 2.04%
Artic/Winter 19 38.78%
Mountains 2 4.08%
Plains/ flat land 0 0%
Sea/beaches 0 0%
Jungle 13 26.53%
Other 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

--

October 30th, 2004  
Shadowalker

Topic: What enviroment is the toughest to fight/train in?

I was just wonderin from your personal experiences.
October 30th, 2004  
larsrq

Artic as far as I know never worked in desert. It's not fun to freeze no matter what you do. Your equipment brakes because of the cold, the rifle freeze up on you and so on...
October 30th, 2004  
Xion

I think arctic should be replaced by snowy/icy/frigid which I think without a doubt is the toughest.
--
October 30th, 2004  
Shadowalker

Sorry, snowy/icy etc i would put under artic conditions.
October 30th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

You forgot one of the big ugly ones: Jungle.
October 30th, 2004  
Shadowalker

I knew it, i knew i would forget the most obvious one. stick it under other and just type jungle out, will have to do.
October 30th, 2004  
SHERMAN

you can always edit the poll...
October 30th, 2004  
Hegario

Here in Finland when you finish basic training you have a field excercise which usually lasts for a week. It was February back then and it was -35 degrees celsius. That would be around -31 fahrenheit. During that week I got third degree frostbites on my fingers which made me lose all sensitivity in my fingers and it took four months for them to heal.

The stupid thing about it was that after the training finished we had a weekend-leave coming up and I just didn't complain even though my fingers were pretty much useless. Right after the leave was finished the doctor said that I was extremely lucky and I made a mistake not coming to see him right away. The doctor said that for three weeks you can't use your right hand, so I didn't have to salute. :P
October 30th, 2004  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegario
Here in Finland when you finish basic training you have a field excercise which usually lasts for a week. It was February back then and it was -35 degrees celsius. That would be around -31 fahrenheit. During that week I got third degree frostbites on my fingers which made me lose all sensitivity in my fingers and it took four months for them to heal.

The stupid thing about it was that after the training finished we had a weekend-leave coming up and I just didn't complain even though my fingers were pretty much useless. Right after the leave was finished the doctor said that I was extremely lucky and I made a mistake not coming to see him right away. The doctor said that for three weeks you can't use your right hand, so I didn't have to salute. :P

i know what you mean and where did you do you service, Lappi vai?
October 30th, 2004  
Hegario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi

i know what you mean and where did you do you service, Lappi vai?
I served in Rovaniemi. Our "morttileiri" was at this really nice place called Rovajärvi which must be pretty familiar to every Finnish man.