Plains/ flat land 0 0%
Sea/beaches 0 0%
Jungle 13 26.53%
Other 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

--

November 1st, 2004  
Patriot_1989tobeyond

Urban: lots of doors, upstairs windows, close quarters, lots of corners.

Desert: hot, sand storms, harsh weather, little water, not much cover over all.

Arctic: cold, harsh, fikkle, treacherous.

Jungle: dense, lots of dangerous animals, perfect for ambush.

Beaches: open, sometimes hard sometimes soft. can be treacherous for vehicles.

High terrain: It depends on the terrian.
November 1st, 2004  
SFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
You like combat in cities? That's the place you're most likely to get killed.
When you train for it, then it becomes your job and if properly trained and you paid attention this still does not mean you will survive.

SFC
November 1st, 2004  
A Can of Man

Yeah I know. Just that the conveniences of not getting all wet and covered in cr*p are compensated by a much higher casualty rate. Not to mention if you're attacking, concealment could be a huge problem.
--
November 1st, 2004  
AngloSaxon

I voted for jungle. My old man fought in the jungles of Borneo in 63 and he always said is was hellish.

He said you'd go out on patrol for a week at a time. You didn't wash as the smell of soap could be detected, and you had to shave your head to stop yourself getting lice, and all the while you were being eaten alive by the leeches and mozzies.

On top of that there was the constant threat of boobytraps and enemy ambushes. So that seems the worst if you ask me!
November 1st, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngloSaxon
I voted for jungle. My old man fought in the jungles of Borneo in 63 and he always said is was hellish.

He said you'd go out on patrol for a week at a time. You didn't wash as the smell of soap could be detected, and you had to shave your head to stop yourself getting lice, and all the while you were being eaten alive by the leeches and mozzies.

On top of that there was the constant threat of boobytraps and enemy ambushes. So that seems the worst if you ask me!
Ah, lovely Borneo .. I still have scars from the bug bites.
November 1st, 2004  
egoz

I was born and raised in the tropics so I think if it were me I'd have trouble fighting in the cold. I hate it when you have to run and your lungs feel like they're burning and you lose feeling in your fingers, toes, and ears. But I voted for urban. Sure you might be freezing your butt off or sitting around in jungle heat, but in an urban environment you might have to deal with the environment along with some kid holding an AK. Not even that, what about having to constantly watch your back for snipers above you and women hiding around corners with mines ready to ambush you. That sounds like hell and then some.
November 1st, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Yeah I know. Just that the conveniences of not getting all wet and covered in cr*p are compensated by a much higher casualty rate. Not to mention if you're attacking, concealment could be a huge problem.
You can get just as wet. cold/hot and covered in cr*p fighting in an urban enviroment as you can any other. Each one has it's own particular dangers and discomforts.
November 2nd, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoz
I was born and raised in the tropics so I think if it were me I'd have trouble fighting in the cold. I hate it when you have to run and your lungs feel like they're burning and you lose feeling in your fingers, toes, and ears. But I voted for urban. Sure you might be freezing your butt off or sitting around in jungle heat, but in an urban environment you might have to deal with the environment along with some kid holding an AK. Not even that, what about having to constantly watch your back for snipers above you and women hiding around corners with mines ready to ambush you. That sounds like h**l and then some.
That isn't just in urban settings.
November 2nd, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Cold/Wet - Hot/Wet - Hot/Dry - Cold/Dry.....all are a pain and have their problems.

Maintaining weapons in the cold is just as bad as maintianing them in hot sandy environments. Urban warfare is mute, since like SFC said, you train for it, it is the weather or altitude that will get you and guess what, there are urban environments there too. Personally, I prefer to stay away from the cold mountain places, that's why I really enjoyed Norway in Nov/Dec during Northern Wedding/Bold Guard.
November 2nd, 2004  
USAOwnz

Probably jungle.