Plains/ flat land 0 0%
Sea/beaches 0 0%
Jungle 13 26.53%
Other 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

--

October 30th, 2004  
Shadowalker

what do you cover in winter/artic training?
October 30th, 2004  
SHERMAN

I voted for Artic/Winter. Here are some pics of the Israeli Unit "Alpinistim", which is responsible for protection of Israels highet mountain and oly sky area, mount Hermon. The mountain is half in Israeli hands alf in Syrian hands, so in war it is expected to be a battlefield. It also has a clear virw deep into Sirya, making it a stratigic asset.

October 30th, 2004  
Shadowalker

http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/rn/cont...de=quick&cat=5

Pictures of the royal marines training in most enviroments. I would think that artic/winter and jungle enviroments would be the most difficult to train and fight in, due to the tempertures and the terrains.
--
October 30th, 2004  
Big_Z

I asked a infantry man this and he told me its mountain fighting hands down. Not because of the weather but because of the ferocity of the fire fights. Trying to make your way up a mountain with 80 fanatical terrorist at the top is not a pretty sight.
October 30th, 2004  
Redleg

So many votes for Artic/Winter???
But that's fun....
We had the first snowfall here yesterday by the way...

I would rather fight in -30C than +40C, I've got no problem with cold weather, I'm used to that, but I'm not comfortable at all in high temperatures..

I don't have any experience with jungle training, but I assume it would be the worst for me, so my vote goes to that...
October 30th, 2004  
SHERMAN

How did you get along with summer in Lebanon, Redleg?
October 30th, 2004  
Shadowalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
I asked a infantry man this and he told me its mountain fighting hands down. Not because of the weather but because of the ferocity of the fire fights. Trying to make your way up a mountain with 80 fanatical terrorist at the top is not a pretty sight.
I think thats the main trouble the allies had in italy in WW2, when the germans had secured the mountains it took a lot of hard fighting to get them out as the terrain has so many advantages if your defending it. The mountains in winter would probably be the worst as you would have to deal with the cold, the ice, snow, weapons freezing, so many problems.
October 31st, 2004  
Big_Z

If your at the top of a mountain you can either defeat the enemy or die trying, you cant just retreat. If your lucky they might take you as a pow but seeing how pissed off they would be id doubt it.
October 31st, 2004  
CavScout

I hate cold...I have always hated the cold...my hands don't work in the cold nor do my feet.
October 31st, 2004  
Doc.S

Artic and winter because I canīt tell if it would be worse in Deserts because there I have never been so I say winter.

I hate deep snow in combination of sleetsnow storms and drastic dropping temperatures, you get soaky wet of sweat and sleetsnow then you get cold like a snowman and your equipment just drag you deeper and deeper down in the snow to your waist and then a invisible ditch with thin ice and you get wet all up to your thighbones.

I really hate the winter. Out there you only wish that could make a visit with his reindeers and a barrel of hot wine punch.

Cheers:
Doc.S