What does the world generally think of us Canadians?

What does the world generally think of us Canadians?

• Total voters
Doody said:
The only beef I have with Canadians is with your media and politics. In Canada, there are more than a few American haters who make it into the news from time to time. Luckly, I realize that the media only tells one side of the story.

:horsie: :cheers: :horsie: cheers to that!!

LOL... eventhough I'm stuck in the UK, Canada is my home. I miss the lakes, the mountains and the people.

I was in Ottawa and Toronto in 2002 and loved the people. Canadians and Australians are similiar in some ways and have similiar cities, towns, architecture, politics - must be the Commonwealth. Lately however I get the impression Canadian society is becoming more liberal socially and politically which has its pluses and minuses - but more minuses I think

Despite living rather close to Canada (South Dakota is afterall only a couple hundred miles from the border) I do not believe I have ever met a canadian. I like the CBC, seems like they give the no bullshit reports that news should be. If the murder rate does down the coverage for murders goes down, rather than America where it is the opposite. You guys do need to work on your imports policy for bait on the Lake of the Woods, in Minnesota/Canada. When coming from Minnesota it is illegal to cross into Canadian waters with bait not bought from Canada (and yes, they do check). The thing is all the bait that is sold up there is grown in Minnesota and then flown up to Canada, and only one guy is cleared to fly the bait up, making it rather expensive. That is why you open a container of Orange Juice, put the leaches and worms in, and reglue the cap on, works like a charm. :p But if you get caught it is a fine of somewhere along the lines of 210 USD. :shock:

Also, Canada gave the world hockey, without hockey there would be no Miracle Team of 1980, without the Miracle Team the Soviet Union would never have collapsed! Right?

BTW, if Canada is Anti-American then the earth is the center of the solar system.

"Canada sucks!"

Quote by Peter Griffin from a Family Guy episode, where eevry main character is supposed to say something good about ethnic groups within or neighboring the USA. This view is not shared by me.

Back