What does the world generally think of us Canadians?

What does the world generally think of us Canadians?

• Total voters
I agree. We make fun of the Swiss bacause they're so square and bigot. I'm not saying they are, but thats why they're made fun of.

Canadians are no more of a piece than the Americans are.

Overall, and on the average, our politics is a tad futher left than yours (or else, yours is a tad further right than ours). A lot of the media has a slight-to-marked liberal slant; then again, we do have the Toronto Sun and the National Post.

America-bashing is generally limited to the moderate to extreme left (many Liberals, all New Democrats). Generally, the Conservatives love you guys all to pieces (remember when Prime Minister Mulroney sang "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" with Pres Reagan?). As a matter of fact, we get along fairly well when the occupants of the White House and 24 Sussex Drive match up as Republican + Conservative or Democrat + Liberal (if we should ever elect the NDP, our only hope is that you guys elect Nader).

You think Canajuns are all polite? Then just go to Hamilton and say, "Ti-Cats suck!"

J

I live about an hour's drive from Canada. We have Canadians here all the time in Vermont. Fine folks for the most part. My only gripe is their mach 3 speeds on the highway.

Americans think Canadians are very nice and polite when you go visit.... But fact is if you are an American and have lived there its a different story but maybe its just Toronto. Most of the people there absolutely HATE Americans... But we still plite to them :D

Not saying all canadians are like this but from experience from Toronto people.

chewie_nz said:
i think canada has some very similar traits to NZ
how so?
Canada rules man, cheap beer, and it was right next to my friends parents cabin that we went to to go hunting! :D

rotc boy said:
chewie_nz said:
i think canada has some very similar traits to NZ
how so?
Canada rules man, cheap beer, and it was right next to my friends parents cabin that we went to to go hunting! :D

i really can't explain why this is so....but i have heard canadians over here mention it...that NZ is similar. the people have a lot in common, whereas australia seems like the USA's lil cousin!

I havent worked with alot of canadians but the ones I have are very polite and friendly. OOOOO CANADA!!!!!!!

Other than their relaxed immigration laws and depending heavily on the United States to be the main reason no country dares mess with them, they're okay. I could stand a little less bullshit from the America bashers.

I live a few hours from the border and have gone up many times to Canada. And, I love it. When I go, I usually end up in Toronto. I love the hockey culture and the "barns" in which it is played. I love Canada because of Hockey.

I expended 6 months there a few years ago and i think that they are really nice people, friendly and happy. I did not really found many diferences from US people.

Ive never been there, but my aunt has several times and i know she loves it. The people are frindly and the landscape is beautiful.

Back