What did Hitler really think of the Japanese as allies?

BritinBritain

Per Ardua Ad Astra
I have read somewhere (though I cannot remember where) that when Hitler heard of the Japanese invasion of Malaya he was heard to say, “If I had my way, I'd send my best SS troops to help the British.”

Seem to have a recollection of Hitler (or was it Himmler) having admiration for the fact the Japanese hadn't lost a War, but then again they were Asians...

That was not unique to the Germans. The Japanese felt that if you were not Japanese you were inferior. The French feel that if you are not French, you are inferior. The Chinese felt if you were not Chinese you were inferior, etc, etc.

Last edited:
supposedly the Brits were beginning to feel that way by 1812, where they had defeated virtually every Navy/Country in Europe. They felt that 1 Frigate should defeat any 2 enemy frigates, ect. (Age of fighting sail by Forester if i remember correctly)

I think that Irving mentions in 'Hitler's War' that after the fall of Singapore Ribbentrop wanted to publish a triumphant communique,but Hitler said no,explaining that the fall of Singapore was the beginning of the end of the white supremacy. And also in the last days of August 1939 a German cargo with weapons for China was leaving Hamburg,and the British navy was instructed to let the cargo go.

It was more of a necessity thing than anything else.
I'm sure Hitler's view of the Japanese was what we'd expect of him towards anyone that did not match his description of being a member of the master race.

Back