What is the current military strength of the Top 10 nations?

Should countries have more or less troops?

• Total voters
"A real superpower should be able to defeat any non-superpower, but can USA defeat China, India, Russia? I don't think so." Is that a joke? Can you post any facts to that? Wait nevermind, Ive seen enough pictures.

America is and has been a superpower, however, as conflicts like Vietnam have shown. We do not always have men capable of running a super power nation to full effect. This, no doubt, is Flying Frog's proof of USA's none-superpower status.

"America is and has been a superpower, however, as conflicts like Vietnam have shown. We do not always have men capable of running a super power nation to full effect. This, no doubt, is Flying Frog's proof of USA's none-superpower status."

Did you read that before you posted it?

In my opinion one should never jump to conclusions on a war that never occured yet... I.E China Vs America or India Vs Pakistan. You can never really say who will win. Anything can happen which can alter the whole game. The only way to know who would win is in the end when one side gives up. But in respect in war there are no winners because so many people must die. :( JUST MY OPINION PLZ DONT FLAME/HATE ME :lol:

Yes I did, Big Z. What's your beef with it? Flying Frog always uses the excuse of the Vietnam conflict "lose" as a show of American power, when in fact, it was poor decision makeing of the politicians. (and as I said in a previous topic, the south vietnamese fault)

You said that America is a superpower then you said flyingfrog has proof that it isnt a superpower. It either is or it isnt.

Just for fun, I looked up the word Superpower --
"A powerful and influential nation, especially a nuclear power that dominates its allies or client states in an international power bloc." was the definition from one dictionary.

"a state powerful enough to influence events throughout the world" was the definition from another.

China lacks a bloc of allies that it leads I guess. Russia does too, now that the Warsaw Pact is a thing of the past. I don't know how strong China's and/or Russia's capabilities of influencing events worldwide would be right now. Obviously the United States still has that capability and it is still the most important single nation in NATO. Based on those definitions, the United States would fit, but I don't know that any other country would. Not what I was expecting for a definition though.

The USA has a significant influence on things on every continent and in every region of the world. The Soviet Union used to have the same scope of influence of course, but today's Russia does not of course. Nations like China and India have limitted influence beyond their immediate neighborhood, but that's changing gradually, especially in China's case.

The US lost in Vietnam because they were fighting a political war.

If they had fought it the way war ought to be fought the US would have won.

The US can defeat any single country in the world that includes China, Russia or India.

Gladius, I'll grant you that the USA could probably beat India or Russia in a full fledged war. China ... only with this condition - if China is required to only allowed to replace their losses in equipment with 100% Chinese-made items. Then ... maybe ...

Course, saying so is going to get the thread locked.

A large army is still something that could help a country in a conventional war. Technology of course will give any country an edge.

Here Is A Picture I Found...... Should Tell You Guys My Views Of War :p
333.jpg

Chinese Army has already defeated American Army and All her Allies in KOREA WAR.

Chinese troops beat the heell out of US troops and forced Americans to flee half way of Korea from Chinese border beyond the middleline 38.

We have beaten you 50 years ago when we were very badly armed, and if you are talking about today then you must be arrogant or simply ignorant.

USA cannot win from China, or India, or Russia, not at all, even in a Conventional War.

FlyingFrog said:
Chinese Army has already defeated American Army and All her Allies in KOREA WAR.

Chinese troops beat the heell out of US troops and forced Americans to flee half way of Korea from Chinese border beyond the middleline 38.

We have beaten you 50 years ago when we were very badly armed, and if you are talking about today then you must be arrogant or simply ignorant.

USA cannot win from China, or India, or Russia, not at all, even in a Conventional War.
Frog, will you PLEASE STOP IT WITH THE KOREAN WAR. We know that China pushed back the UN forces but the UN forces were able to stop them from completely taking the whole penninsula. The cease-fire was called with the border ending almost exactly the same as it started. That IS NOT A VICTORY SO PLEASE KNOCK IT OFF. You're the only person I've ever heard claim that ANYONE actual achieved victory in the Korean War.

Its this sort of nonsense that Redleg has asked to stop doing.

OK, I know I hit the vital weak point of US Army so you don't wanna hear my Valid Point again and again.

Well, I think I stop here but I still hold my valid argument (Chinese troops conquered the area held by US troops before, that's called Victory) :D

The problem is that you're saying China won. That they beat the United States. They didn't because nobody won. So I'm saying stop saying "We beat the US in the Korean War." Just because Germany pushed pretty far into the Soviet Union does not equate to the Soviet Union losing the war. Same applies to Korea. More than anything, I'm sick of you saying it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ...

godofthunder9010 said:
Its this sort of nonsense that Redleg has asked to stop doing.

That is correct!

And FlyingFrog, I've said it before:
If there ever should be a war between US and China, then God help us all, because none of you will win, but all of us will loose!

So please stop the who's best/we will win posts from now on, they are not leading anywhere (at least nowhere good)!!

Hey it was Gladius that brought it up. We can be thankful that China, India, Russia and the United States (the most powerful militaries in the world IMO) have not reason to go to war anytime soon.

Back