What is the current military strength of the Top 10 nations?

Should countries have more or less troops?

• Total voters
The Russians maintain a strong lead in military technology over the Chinese yet, but its clear that China has pretty well overtaken them in every other category.

We Chinese already know very well Russians have not too much goodies left, we are using them to get some aircraft things same as they want our bucks, we don't trust russkies at all same like they don't trust us.

But never mind, we Chinese are overtaking russkies in a very fast tempo, we only treat Americans as future competitors, oh yeah, also Indians.

It may sound a bit arrogant, but true, we are getting more and more confident, cannot help :lol:

And you keep posting more and more pics without telling us a damn thing to prove why you think your soldiers are so well trained. Id put my money on a Russian soldier over a chinese soldier any day.

If you guys keep of toppuic and flaming i will lock this. The topic was the ammount of troops needed, not whos daddy has a bigger car.

I think ppl who's countries have smaller armies are speaking of technology.No doubt technology is a must but it doesnt mean that a bunch of 100 soldiers armed with high tech resources can destroy 10,000 men with a bit lesser resources.I mean the other country's army arent from stone age with axes and bows and arrows.FlyinFroggy is trying to explain something but the other ppl from nations who have smaller armies and their names weren't listed on the reply to the first post are just can't accept the truth.And most ppl think that countries like china and india have large armies but no technology ..well they wrong there these two countries are advancing at a rapid pace and developing indigenous technology.
I wont post pics as SOME of ya'll dont believe in pics so yeah go check these websites out :rambo:

http://www.brahmos.com/ - [ Joint venture by india and russia ]

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MISSILES/Armoury.html - [ Indias indigenously developed missiles ]

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/SPACE/ - [Indian space research ]

For more stuff on Indian military strength >>> http://www.bharat-rakshak.com

ppl i just wanna say this one thing lol i 've seen a lot of topics and ya'll just keep figting over who is who's daddy.Well I just wanna say when america went to war with vietnam i don't think they would ever have expected what happened , the severe resistance from vietnam.... like that anything could happen in actual war ..like when u say russia is more stronger than china..usa is more powerful than russia ..etc. etc........i don't think fighting/arguing here makes any sense the real picture in an actual war can be completely different.There are a lot of other factors affecting a war other than just technology and troop strenth according to me.

Peace out

xion said:
ppl i just wanna say this one thing lol i 've seen a lot of topics and ya'll just keep figting over who is who's daddy.Well I just wanna say when america went to war with vietnam i don't think they would ever have expected what happened , the severe resistance from vietnam.... like that anything could happen in actual war ..like when u say russia is more stronger than china..usa is more powerful than russia ..etc. etc........i don't think fighting/arguing here makes any sense the real picture in an actual war can be completely different.There are a lot of other factors affecting a war other than just technology and troop strenth according to me.

Peace out

I second that, very well said :D

Lets all just get along.. Yeah America is the superpower but as the years go by more countries will be joining America as a superpower..... Given a few decades or so China can very well be up their, same with India. Both Economies are growing fast and what ever happens happens! :lol:

Chocobo_Blitzer, it was not deleted I believe, it was a database failure last night, my posts also disappeared after the failure occured. But i did read you post :D

Lovely that the USA and USSR were called "Superpowers". That term implies that they were something that had never been seen before, but that's nonsense. Britain and France were quite dominant for a long time. Nobody every has equalled the Roman Empire in comparative dominance to their own time period. I assume the term is related to technology.

The remainder of the USA's status as Superpower is fading largely. It once was a matter of taking sides in the Cold War. Either ally with the USA or the USSR. The lack of opposition to the USA has weakened their diplomatic strength, even if their military strength is as overwhelming as ever.

Russia is still a quasi-Superpower I suppose, but nothing close to their former strength and in a slow decline. China is well on its way to becoming one, but needs to make greater gains diplomatically. Militarily, they're not quite to the point of total military-technological independence, but they will be soon enough. India has frightening potential as well.

It's pointless to say that we should abandon the term "Superpower" because it has become too familiar. I still feel its based on a false idea.

"Superpower", what is really a "Superpower"?

I think no country is really a superpower.

A real superpower should be able to defeat any non-superpower, but can USA defeat China, India, Russia? I don't think so.

The Chinese may have more troops, but the U.S.A has big, burly, manly, tall, strong, masculine, great smelling.... sorry guys, you know what I mean. Physically Americans are larger than Asians, that is an advantage. :cowb:

Bro it dont matter how big u are... Sure American Troops are bigger physically but you never know what a Chinese Soldier are capable of in a hand to hand combat. What does smelling good have to do with anything? Im confused of why u even brought that up for??? :? Not all Asians are small by the way.

Please note his screen name is "actafool" :lol:

But I think large militaries are crucial for defence, if they are able to go underground and form a Guerilla resistence, they could very well prolong the war and force the enemy out over a long period of time.

Back