What crimes warrant loss of citizenship? - Page 2

--
Boots

June 3rd, 2008  
Missileer

In the `50s, serving in a foreign military would automatically forfeit citizenship. The law is pretty vague but most crimes that warrant losing citizenship is punishable by either death or life in prison.
June 3rd, 2008  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy-8
I personally think the natives when stripped of their cizitenship should be held in prison for their term and held their longer until we find a country to take them in and then deport them.
Life sentence will do.
June 21st, 2008  
Easy-8

http://www.petitiononline.com/sjwlohc/petition.html

A petition that calls for John Walker Lindh to be stripped of his citizenship.
--
Boots
June 22nd, 2008  
A Can of Man

I'll sign it if you give the citizenship to me instead.
Heck that might be a good idea. Stripping unworthy citizens of their citizenship and awarding it to a foreigner who's more deserving.
June 23rd, 2008  
major liability

Just execute the traitors and murderers, that way no one else has to worry about them again. And who wants to pay for the food of someone with a life sentence, especially one who has basically declared themselves an enemy combatant?
June 23rd, 2008  
A Can of Man

Personally I think they should be shot before jailing ever becomes an issue. If the guy's alive, it's still news and all of a sudden it's our fault he fought for the bad guys.
June 23rd, 2008  
senojekips

I dunno about removing a person's citizenship, or are we just talking about removing most of their rights as a citizen? The right to vote, social service benefits etc.

To remove a person's citizenship would involve either just throwing them into a prison somewhere until another country would take them (never happen) or just executing them to save the taxpayer's money, which would be a considerable amount. I can't see the benefit in the first option.
June 23rd, 2008  
ObjSRgtLw

If we would do that in Germany we would destroy our own society because we are dependent on immigrants to hold on to our current population... the birth rate is like half of what it has to be to hold the level of population in Germany (interesting isn't it? ^^)
June 26th, 2008  
84RFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObjSRgtLw
If we would do that in Germany we would destroy our own society because we are dependent on immigrants to hold on to our current population... the birth rate is like half of what it has to be to hold the level of population in Germany (interesting isn't it? ^^)

Even more interesting considered the fact that during the last 3 years 5 German couples aged 27-42 has moved over here and are living in my neighbourhood, and another one is due to arrive here in August...
4 of these couples has 1 or more children, and at least two of them are born here.

Seems like you're exporting Germans and importing imigrants, that's funny.
Especially since this place is really outback and a rural area by definition.
June 26th, 2008  
AussieNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I assume you mean stripping immigrants of citizenship because you really can not strip natives of citizenship as you can't send anywhere but prison.
If so I personally think any crime that results in prison time, lock them up and then ship them back to where they came from.
You could shoot them out of a cannon into the sun.... Or force them through a fine mesh screen. I like those solutions.