What do you consider the most Technologicaly advanced SF firearm?

sven hassell

What weapon do you consider to be the most modern used by todays Special forces?
Personally I'd say the FN2000,anyone else?
P.S. post as many pics and links as you can as I am a computer philistine and need it!

probably the IMI Tavor

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...art=3&prev=/images?q=tavor&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=
images

or the P90

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...start=2&prev=/images?q=P90&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=
images
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:vxoUgGFaisRDBM:home.snafu.de/l.moeller/Bremse/FN-P90.jpg

I think the F2000 with the computerized aiming module is the most technologically advanced "SF" firearm.

However, the IWS 2000 is also quite advanced, if only because of its cartridge.

5.56X45mm said:
The Human mind.

sorry but that comment was trash... that comment reminds me of a discovery program called "The 10 Best Weapons" or something :p and the first place was "Martial Arts"... useless :p lol

Morten said:
sorry but that comment was trash... that comment reminds me of a discovery program called "The 10 Best Weapons" or something :p and the first place was "Martial Arts"... useless :p lol

Well, that "Martial Arts" crap is just that crap. Any proper SF soldier can fight with any weapon that he has in his position. I'm sticking by my commit for two reasons.

1) No matter what weapon you have. If you're dumber than a box of rocks. You're gonna die.

2) This topic will lead into another never ending arguement as every other weapon topic.

That discovery channel show said it was the human body as number one because of the bodies mental and physical aspects, not martial arts as number one

Morten said:

Actually, that comment was not trash at all.The Special Forces are known for only accepting the most intelligent soldiers available, as they are trained to do things that many soldiers would not have the foggiest idea how to do. In treaining as well as on operations, all soldiers must use their brains, but for the SF soldier, it is absolutely mandatory. That "trash comment" was also my first idea. Also, consider the SAS. The are known for many things, but most of all, for their high level of training. These men have the training, the intelligence and the incredible motivation to do the job, no matter what the circumstances. All of these attributes come from the brain, and keep in mind, the operator in question has not even received his weapon.

Dean.

Last edited:
5.56X45mm said:
Well, that "Martial Arts" crap is just that crap. Any proper SF soldier can fight with any weapon that he has in his position. I'm sticking by my commit for two reasons.

1) No matter what weapon you have. If you're dumber than a box of rocks. You're gonna die.

2) This topic will lead into another never ending arguement as every other weapon topic.

Good Grief ... I actually find that I do agree with you on that:lol:

You guys would be right if the thread starter was asking "What is the most effective SF weapon?"

However, the question was "What is the most TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED SF FIREARM." That precludes organisms and anything except guns really.

major liability said:
Does it really matter if they keep the weight down?

Yes. I wouldn't want some giant thing to lug around. What the problem is, is that everyone wants all these systems "built in", but you can built that all in without have a giant system in the end.

One of the reasons I like the an M16 Series all tricked out vs. a giant FN 2000.

m4sopmod.jpg

Last edited:
Cadet Seaman said:
I think that the FN 2000, NF P90 and that other thing are TOOOOO BIG.
.........................Weight (kg)..........Length (mm)
M16A2+M203........5.3.....................1006
FN F2000.............4.6......................694

Doug97 said:
.........................Weight (kg)..........Length (mm)
M16A2+M203........5.3.....................1006
FN F2000.............4.6......................694

M4

Weight: 4.0kg w/ M203

Length: 757 mm

Cadet Seaman said:
M4

Weight: 4.0kg w/ M203

Length: 757 mm
So the M4 is longer, but lighter. Does that weight include non-iron sights?

I guess they could cut the weight on the F2000 if they shortened the barrel to the same length as the M4, and took off the optical sight.

Last edited:
Back