What Cheney should have said.......

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy

"After accidentally shooting Mr. Whittington, a little demon appeared on my shoulder. He told me to flee the scene of the accident, and to call my lawyers, pollsters, and political advisors instead of getting medical help for Mr. Whittington. But I told the demon I wouldn't do that since it was too much like something Ted Kennedy would do.

Then the demon told me to go on television and deny shooting Mr. Whittington, while having my lawyers file a motion barring the secret service agents who were witnesses from testifying against me. But I told the demon I wouldn't do that since it was too much like something Bill Clinton would do.

Then I did what an honorable man would do. I got medical help for my friend and contacted the local sherriff to report my accident, for which I take full responsibility. When I was certain that Mr. Whittington was in good medical hands, and his family had been informed of the incident, the matter was reported to a local newspaper, which is as good if not better than any inside-the-beltway outlet."

Too true, just for reference for certain people who might not understand the severity of this situation.

This type of accident is so routine that the local sheriff did not send anyone out to get a report from the VP till the next day. Despite this example hunting is still one of the safest sperts in America, while there may be more deaths from hunting accidents than baseball, there are fewer injuries most of which, like this one, require on a week's recovery at most. I tore my ACL playing a game of touch football for crying out loud, accidents happen.

Oh, and I have been shot too. Let's not mention that it was only a BB gun, which fired a larger projectile than the birdshot that Cheney was using.

Last edited:
You must really really not like Democrats 5.56. What did they do to you for you to hate them so much?

They betrade Cuba, lie to the people of the United States, try to outlaw American Rights, restrict business, destory economy, over tax people, believe that they are above the law, they don't trust and support our military or law enforcement, and are just a couple of steps short of being communist.

PS - They think folks like Michael Moore are heroes.

I don't care much for quail hunting but I have been peppered while dove hunting many, many times. Quail huddle on the ground with their butts together and when you are about a foot away, they all fly at the same time, scares the crap out of me. A 28 ga shotgun with 7 1/2 shot is about the best way to get shot if you have to. I use a 12 ga with #6 when hunting doves, that packs a whallop, especially with a modified choke. Then, the tree huggers made Congress require that hunters use steel shot instead of lead. Steel will not deform so it goes deeper and is more dangerous. When small lead shot hits, it flattens and doesn't penetrate so deeply.

5.56X45mm said:
They betrade Cuba, lie to the people of the United States, try to outlaw American Rights, restrict business, destory economy, over tax people, believe that they are above the law, they don't trust and support our military or law enforcement, and are just a couple of steps short of being communist.

PS - They think folks like Michael Moore are heroes.
They betrayed Cuba, yes OK thats true, but then Nixon did the samething to the South Vietnamese, not the first nor will it be the last. All governments betray and do dirty deals...

Outlaw American rights. I assume your talking 2nd Amendment? I would say restrict guns is a better word, I have never heard a single democratic candidate say he want to outlaw all guns, not only would it be unconstitutional but also its political suicide. Not even the most liberal would support such a bill. On the other hand their are other amendments such as the right to a fair trial, not to be tortured, not to Have Big brother spy on you. These is what the GOP is doing right now, they even ADMIT IT. Personally I find this much more troubling. As for being above the law, you must mean Cunningham, Delay, Libby, Rove, Frist, Ney, Cheney, did I leave anybody out? Republicans according to Democrats represent one thing: Greed.

Business/Economy, its generally accepted in America that the Democrats are considered better at economic issues. Most Debts and Recessions have been under GOP stewertship. You are right to say Dems believe in regulating Corporations. History has shown that when the Megacorporations are too powerful, John Q Citizen get the short end of the stick. As for the military, in Congress alone their are more Democratic soldiers and combat vets than Republicans...

As much as Dems love michael moore (who is a member of the NRA), Republicans equally love limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter and O'Reily.

My point to all this, what you believe to be true about Democrats, Democrats also believe in Republicans. There is always another side to every story.

Last edited:
Missileer said:
I don't care much for quail hunting but I have been peppered while dove hunting many, many times. Quail huddle on the ground with their butts together and when you are about a foot away, they all fly at the same time, scares the crap out of me. A 28 ga shotgun with 7 1/2 shot is about the best way to get shot if you have to. I use a 12 ga with #6 when hunting doves, that packs a whallop, especially with a modified choke. Then, the tree huggers made Congress require that hunters use steel shot instead of lead. Steel will not deform so it goes deeper and is more dangerous. When small lead shot hits, it flattens and doesn't penetrate so deeply.

The steel shot was only for waterfowl. Duck Hunting...

You can still use lead shot on dove, quail, turkey, and any other upland game bird.

5.56X45mm said:
The steel shot was only for waterfowl. Duck Hunting...

You can still use lead shot on dove, quail, turkey, and any other upland game bird.

Good, I guess they were just worried about polluting water with lead and the bottom feeders eating it. I can't figure any other reason.

If Cheney would have said "I resign from the vice-presidency" after all of the rumors surfaced about Cheney's dealing with certain companies (Halley Burton for example), then his shooting someone who was a "fool" for violating hunting safety guidelines wouldn't have even been a page two story instead of headline banner BS adnauseum.

Can you eat quail after you blasted it from 1 foot with a shotgun. I'll bet that it will be quail-wings, the rest got blasted away :).

5.56X45mm said:

"After accidentally shooting Mr. Whittington, a little demon appeared on my shoulder. He told me to flee the scene of the accident, and to call my lawyers, pollsters, and political advisors instead of getting medical help for Mr. Whittington. But I told the demon I wouldn't do that since it was too much like something Ted Kennedy would do.

Then the demon told me to go on television and deny shooting Mr. Whittington, while having my lawyers file a motion barring the secret service agents who were witnesses from testifying against me. But I told the demon I wouldn't do that since it was too much like something Bill Clinton would do.

Then I did what an honorable man would do. I got medical help for my friend and contacted the local sherriff to report my accident, for which I take full responsibility. When I was certain that Mr. Whittington was in good medical hands, and his family had been informed of the incident, the matter was reported to a local newspaper, which is as good if not better than any inside-the-beltway outlet."
I wounder what happened to Cheney did he get off the hook or are they not going to let him be VP any more?

Quail huddle on the ground with their butts together and when you are about a foot away, they all fly at the same time, scares the crap out of me. A 28 ga shotgun with 7 1/2 shot is about the best way to get shot if you have to.

That was what I was talking about. Now he blasted his friend and he should just have said "I am sorry".. if he didn't already. And then I got curious if you could still eat these quails, or what do you do with them after you shote them?

Ted said:
That was what I was talking about. Now he blasted his friend and he should just have said "I am sorry".. if he didn't already. And then I got curious if you could still eat these quails, or what do you do with them after you shote them?

Quail is an expensive delicacy in some countries, sort of like pheasant. From what I understand, Cheney was horrified and apologized profusely. These guys weren't just hunting together, they were old friends. There is a rule in bird hunting that everyone has a place and he neither walks in front or behind the group. When a bird(s) takes off, a human goes to a predator vision state and peripheral vision is no good. There is the front sight and the bird, it's a natural reflex.

mmarsh said:
They betrayed Cuba, yes OK thats true, but then Nixon did the samething to the South Vietnamese, not the first nor will it be the last. All governments betray and do dirty deals...
Ah yes, we at the request of the South Vietnamese government sent aid to a non-communist state who was being attacked from within and without by communist forces, who were almost all NVA regulars and backed by China and Russia. Our then President Lyndon B. Johnson decided that the best way to fight would be bombing South Vietnam while not touching North Viewnam, Laos or Cambodia. As if that wasn't bad enough the military was then betrayed by the hippies and democrats back home, were greeted as "baby killers" upon returning from Vietnam and some have not yet come to terms with what they saw in Vietnam or at how they were "greeted" when returning home. It was Nixon who approved the plans to take the war into Laos and Cambodia and it was Nixon who withdrew American forces while continuing to supply the ARVN with state of the art equipment that would have crushed the NVA if it had actually been used when the NVA attacked.

Outlaw American rights. I assume your talking 2nd Amendment? yaddy yaddy yaddy.
Well, if you believe in the Democrats theories of "slippery slope" and "dominoe effect" in regards to spread of Communism (Irony) and these wire taps then you have to also admit that limiting fire arms starts a slippery slope of actions that inevitably leads to the ban of fire arms. I personally do not believe such foolishness so I continue to support bans on certain fire arms and continue to support these computer analysis of phone calls coming in from or going out to nations whose governments have openly and not so openly supported terrorism while there is very little, if any human "eaves dropping" on the phone conversation. Furthermore, I would be more than happy to sign a pledge allowing my President, whom I trust to do what he feels is right for the nation, to read transcripts of any and all phone conversations I may make. The problem with that is good, honest Americans like myself are not the ones who worry about these things and they are also not the ones who are being monitored and because of that such an agreement would be useless.

Business/Economy, its generally accepted in America that the Democrats are considered better at economic issues. Most Debts and Recessions have been under GOP stewertship. You are right to say Dems believe in regulating Corporations. History has shown that when the Megacorporations are too powerful, John Q Citizen get the short end of the stick. As for the military, in Congress alone their are more Democratic soldiers and combat vets than Republicans...
Actually, that's not true. See the Democrats would take a dollar from your paycheck then give you a check for 80 cents and call it welfare, the Republicans would just let you keep the 80 cents from the get go. I will go further to explain this greed "issue."

It is a non-issue because everyone is greedy, don't bother denying it your pleas would fall on deaf ears, the fact is that every democrat, repuclican, independent, whatever is greedy. The democrats try to sweep the issue under the covers and let the money continue to flow into their pockets, the Republicans take care of that by taking advantage of the rich bastard's greed. If you give the owner of a factory a tax refund what will he do with it? No, he won't pocket it, he will put the money to use by expanding his factory to make more money, greedy? Yes, but he will first need to pay someone to build the new addition, which will employ construction workers, he will then need to hire some people to work in the new addition, which will give more people jobs and do far more good than a government check every two weeks. Oh, and the solution isn't to increase the number of service jobs, your call centers and McDonalds, no, you need to actually make something, by that I mean take steel, rubber, and wires and turn it into a car. Which is also why I am against out-sourcing, on paper creating a bunch of service jobs at minimum wage may look like growth but what you really need are jobs in the industrial sector that are paying $9 an hour starting. In addition, basically from the fifties to early 90's the economy was "shrinking" (The truth is it just wasn't growing as fast as some would like.) regardless of who was President, it didn't truly start to improve until Reagan came in office, it started to pick up momentum during Bush's administration and then by the time Clinton had been in office for a while it was really raging. So, eight years of republican rule, eight years of democrat resulted in a nice gain which all came crashing down (no pun intended) when Bush took office, and it had nothing to do with 9/11, something which was well beyond Bush's control. Oh wait, that's right, both Bush and on a greater scale Clinton ignored the incredibly obvious warning that Osama wanted to attack America, as if that wasn't already obvious.

As much as Dems love michael moore (who is a member of the NRA), Republicans equally love limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter and O'Reily.
I hate them all equally, Michael Moore because he is a fat, hypocritical bastard who should be dragged through the streets in leather while making Americans but more importantly democrats look stupid and I feel the same about the last four, except they make me look stupid for supporting Bush, instead of Democrats for being whiny :cen:es.

My point to all this, what you believe to be true about Democrats, Democrats also believe in Republicans. There is always another side to every story.
I actually think the stereotypes are pretty accurate.

Someone said something about more vets in the Democratic party than the Republican, well in Congress maybe but I highly doubt that on the whole there are more vets who call themselves Democrats than Republicans. Furthermore when I look at the list of democratic vets I see a lot of served as a desk jockey during Vietnam and the same people are attacking Bush for using his resources to get into the Air Guard rather than go to Vietnam. Well Clinton wasn't so subtle, he just ran to Canada to avoid the draft, but it's ok right? Clinton was pardoned by Carter where as what Bush did was never illegal in the first place.

Last edited:
Back