What Cadet Corps do you belong to? - Page 3

View Poll Results :What Cadet Corps do you belong to?
Royal Canadian Air Cadets 5 8.47%
Royal Canadian Army Cadets 2 3.39%
Royal Canadian Sea Cadets 2 3.39%
Civil Air Patrol 12 20.34%
AFJROTC 3 5.08%
AFROTC 2 3.39%
AJROTC 8 13.56%
AROTC 0 0%
NJROTC 5 8.47%
NROTC 0 0%
MCJROTC 6 10.17%
MCROTC 0 0%
USNSCC 6 10.17%
Air Training Corps (UK) 2 3.39%
Army Cadet Force (UK) 0 0%
Sea Cadet Corps (UK) 1 1.69%
Marine Cadet Corps (UK) 1 1.69%
Combined Cadet Force (UK) 0 0%
ANZAC (Australia/New Zealand Cadets) 1 1.69%
Other 3 5.08%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

--

September 28th, 2004  
Nick E

RCAC for me
October 2nd, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

C/NCO Corps within the CAP. Soon to be a C/SNCO
October 3rd, 2004  
Trevor

So you're a C/SSgt becoming a C/TSgt?
--
October 3rd, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Well if CAP didnt change E-3 from Sgt to A1C(airman 1st class) then yes, so now Master Sgt. is SNCO, right now im a TSgt and in about a month i'll be a Master.
October 3rd, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulli secundus
Well if CAP didnt change E-3 from Sgt to A1C(airman 1st class) then yes, so now Master Sgt. is SNCO, right now im a TSgt and in about a month i'll be a Master.

I THink I missed something??? Anyways, I failed my first leadership test Thursday... it was my 6th test that day, 12 / 13th test that week.. Really Really sucked.
October 4th, 2004  
Trevor

I hear it's possible for CAP cadets to get promoted every two months. That's insame! is that true or a myth?
October 4th, 2004  
alliehz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
I hear it's possible for CAP cadets to get promoted every two months. That's insame! is that true or a myth?
That is true. However most cadets do not do that, it's mainly the dedicated cadets promoted every 2 months.

For every promtion there is a test. For the most part it will always be a leadership, aerospace and PT test. As you get higher up the standards and things required for your promtion get higher, so becoming a officer will be harder then becoming a Airman. You can do all this within 2 months, but I believe when you get higher things change....I'm just a SNCO, so I'm not sure how the Officer thing works yet. *starts reading regs*
October 4th, 2004  
Trevor

I could under stand why, sort of. You guys have so many ranks.
October 4th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

One of the Chiefs at our squadron has been a chief for about 2 yrs now, and got a letter from CAP HQ basically saying become an officer or you're gone.
October 5th, 2004  
alliehz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulli secundus
One of the Chiefs at our squadron has been a chief for about 2 yrs now, and got a letter from CAP HQ basically saying become an officer or you're gone.
Yeah, you have to promote at least twice a year. But I have never heard of HQ sending people letters like that....