Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marine Cadet Corps (UK)

• Combined Cadet Force (UK)

• ANZAC (Australia/New Zealand Cadets)

• Total voters
Well if CAP didnt change E-3 from Sgt to A1C(airman 1st class) then yes, so now Master Sgt. is SNCO, right now im a TSgt and in about a month i'll be a Master.

nulli secundus said:
Well if CAP didnt change E-3 from Sgt to A1C(airman 1st class) then yes, so now Master Sgt. is SNCO, right now im a TSgt and in about a month i'll be a Master.

I THink I missed something??? Anyways, I failed my first leadership test Thursday... it was my 6th test that day, 12 / 13th test that week.. Really Really sucked.

I hear it's possible for CAP cadets to get promoted every two months. That's insame! is that true or a myth?

Trevor said:
I hear it's possible for CAP cadets to get promoted every two months. That's insame! is that true or a myth?
That is true. However most cadets do not do that, it's mainly the dedicated cadets promoted every 2 months.

For every promtion there is a test. For the most part it will always be a leadership, aerospace and PT test. As you get higher up the standards and things required for your promtion get higher, so becoming a officer will be harder then becoming a Airman. You can do all this within 2 months, but I believe when you get higher things change....I'm just a SNCO, so I'm not sure how the Officer thing works yet. *starts reading regs*

One of the Chiefs at our squadron has been a chief for about 2 yrs now, and got a letter from CAP HQ basically saying become an officer or you're gone. :D

nulli secundus said:
One of the Chiefs at our squadron has been a chief for about 2 yrs now, and got a letter from CAP HQ basically saying become an officer or you're gone. :D
Yeah, you have to promote at least twice a year. But I have never heard of HQ sending people letters like that....

Do you mean he was a C/CMSgt, and he had to become a C/2Lt or he was gone, or he was a C/Col and had to become a flight officer or senior member?

He is still a Chief right now, he is pushing them as far as he can while still being a cadet. One of his favorite sayings is "What are they going to do? Kick us out or something?" He lives by that, even when in uniform, and defiantly when in civies. :D

alliehz said:
nulli secundus said:
Yeah, you have to promote at least twice a year. But I have never heard of HQ sending people letters like that....

This is a c/CMSgt I believe.

But, that was 2 years... Which is a long time, and national would probably end up noticing something like that... *grumbles about national getting priorities in order and do other stuff then send out letters like that.*

Sorry, a little frustrated with some things, I'll post them on the CAP Shoutouts.

nulli secundus said:
He is still a Chief right now, he is pushing them as far as he can while still being a cadet. One of his favorite sayings is "What are they going to do? Kick us out or something?" He lives by that, even when in uniform, and defiantly when in civies. :D

well by regs they can according to regs you must advance in grade (Rank) atleast 2 times a year or your membership can be terminated.

CAPF 2b read Personnel Action - Termination of Membership and under cadet Failure to advance at least 2 ranks per year is listed.

and yes It has been used in VAWG before. Ask C/Col Pleasent

Cadet Battalion Commander, NJROTC
Area 5
Herndon High School
Hornet Battalion

Go Red and Black!

(I wish I was in AJROTC, but I guess it's ok cuz we kick the Army's butt every time we compete against them. Drill, Rifle, Inspection, Color Guard, doesn't really matter.)

Back