What branch has the most elite special forces?

What branch has the most elite special forces?

• Air Force

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Army

• Marines

• Navy

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

In your opinion what branch of the military has the most elite special forces??? May it be the Army, with their rangers, the Air force with their Combat Controllers, the Navy with their seals, or the marines with their recon. if you know of any other special forces besides the ones that are listed, or any other branches just post and let it be known....

Again

Stepping in to some dangerous ground man...Some Marines in this forum will skin you alive for the Core....Im not voting on this one...May Allah go with those who do..... :lol:

I know the marines are some tough people... that is why they are considered the best of the best. I am not downing on any person who is in the armed services, i have the most respect for any one who is in because that takes a real man... or woman to actually do it and stay with... so to all the marines out there, or any member of any other service... i did not mean any disrepect

Redlegs are the most Elite... :firedevi:

This is an almost impossible question to answer..
But it'll be interesting to hear some of the answers I suspect will come here soon.. :D

IMO this post should be locked up and fast. Firstly, I doubt very many here have any actual experience within any SOF unit, and those that do, will not engage.

:lol: What is this, the topic that won't die? This discussion has been started at least four seperate times to my knowledge.

i had no knowledge that this topic was stated elsewhere. i had no intention of trying to flood the forum or anything. just trying to spark discussion...

Well recent history has shown that this is a discussion that you do not want to spark, bad blood around this place. :lol:

I'll let this one run.

But the second it turns into a branch war (again..) I'll locke it faster that you can say ...........
(hm, I couldn't come up with a good word here. but you get the idea..)

The Branch vs. Branch .. Unit vs Unit, et al topics are never good for discussion. As explained in the Marines vs SEALs thread, each SOF unit has a different mission, different jobs. The jobs do overlap sometimes because we can't all be everywhere at once.

I will try and dig up something I came across a few years ago, a sort of "Who's Who" in US SOF. The information is as succinct as any I've seen. I'll post it in the "Joining The Military" forum so any kids interested in a future career within SOF can see it as well.

Well as i said i have respect for every branch, and whomever joins the military, i have no means of starting anytype of conflict between branches. And i apologize for any inconvienence this may have caused anyone.

lol .. Good choice, GOTR, as the Army is the only branch with Special Forces. :wink: SEALs, PJs, CCTs, Rangers, et al are all considered Special Operations Forces. But there is only one Special Forces, kinda like there is only one Slinky.

Well you honestly need to define what kind of operation we are talking about, since that would determain whos best for it. Honestly though, th US military is too specilized, we need a generic Commando type force, which no we dont have.

I'd say the most elite is some sort of black op group that no one knows about. Prolly some group similar to Rainbow Six. The best things in life are those we don't know about as far as military is concerned. :D

I would have to say that the US Army has my vote. Remember, not only do we have the SF, but we ALSO have SFOD-Delta. Can any other branch claim TWO SF Flavors?

names no diff.

A NAME DOES NOT SAY HOW GOOD THEY ARE. iT SHOWS HOW MUCH HARD WORK THEY DID TO RECIEVE THE TITLE. a SOLDIER KICKS A**. tHEY NAVY AND MARINES ARE THE BEST. aLL PEOPLE KNOW THAT. they just don't want to admit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back