What was the best WWII Film?

• Tora Tora Tora

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Bridge Too Far

• Enemy At The Gates

• Total voters
I think the Battle Of Britain Film made in the early part of the 1960's was very well done, but it was really more of a documentary film with a list of characters pulling it together

For me, it would come down to Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan. I thought both of them were very, very good World War 2 films, but I would have to say that Saving Private Ryan would be the better one.

I'm still in the majority.

Band of Brothers is it hands down. Nothing else is so frank and open about what it's like to be in a war with your friends right there with you. Nothing else shows how mutual dependance can blur the lines between officer and enlisted. When Lt. "Buck" Compton loses it because his two best friends have just been torn to hell by German artillery we feel it with him and we understand his pain. When Major Winters refuses to send his men on a useless dangerous mission at war's end we cheer him and don't question his decision just as his men never questioned any of his decisions. This drama, at least to me and what I know of war, is the closest depiction of what it's really like to "see the elephant".

FULLMETALJACKET said:
Saving Private Ryan! ive never seen band of brothers/

OMG u gotta see Band Of Brothers!!

its Saving Private Ryan OR Band Of Brothers... too hard to pick one :p

I'm still in the majority.

Band of Brothers is it hands down. Nothing else is so frank and open about what it's like to be in a war with your friends right there with you. Nothing else shows how mutual dependance can blur the lines between officer and enlisted. When Lt. "Buck" Compton loses it because his two best friends have just been torn to hell by German artillery we feel it with him and we understand his pain. When Major Winters refuses to send his men on a useless dangerous mission at war's end we cheer him and don't question his decision just as his men never questioned any of his decisions. This drama, at least to me and what I know of war, is the closest depiction of what it's really like to "see the elephant".

well said. I actually stopped the DVD for a while and went and put my flag out at my house when I reached the part where Buck's friends got chewed up.

Back