What is the best take down round for a zombie?

It depends

As Resident Evil 1 and 2 have taugh us thier are many options.

Shotguns
Vaccines
Grenades
Spikes
Half-Human,half Zombie hybrids
however most likly the best way is with a a high spead nuclear device.

The Grill Instructor said:
Defenately a flame thrower. That might be cause an awfull smell, but in the end, ash can´t attack you again. :D

yea, but the second hand smoke will kill ya 8)

I still support Nuclear weapon use.

However the best ay is to cremate everyone. that solve the problem right thier.

You could use anything that you wanted as long as you hit the zombie in the right area.

Small arms you'd want to hit them right between the eyes to take them down for good. Explosives, provided that the main part of the explosion is what hits them, you should take them down in one shot. Nuclear weapons would work (and it did quite well in RE3). Tanks shells would probably blow them to pieces, regardless of where you hit them. And lastly, anything melee definitly would as long as you either cut off the head, or provided severe trauma to the brain.

hmmm i would use the Benneli M1 semi-auto shotgun if it was effective...

but otherwise I would, for close range, be sporting a P90 and then have a Colt 1911 .45 in each holster on my leg so duel .45s. I would also carry a ka-bar somewhere in there.

but i have so many guns in my house that i wouldn't know what to choose, i just need to get the P90 though- probably gonna get the semi-auto version when i can

desert eagle , flame thrower or a unique option , play the barney song on large speakers on your back. No more zombies!
Or just run them over in a tank preferably a russian one , thier heavy.

If youre gonna kill zombies then they will be in a horde (Lord of the Rings style hordes), so Im thinking a Humvee with a Mk 19 grenade launcher on top, you have your gunner, driver, and 3 guys shootin out of windows, with H&K UMP .45's.

Zombies are half decayed already, a 5.56 round would overpenetrate, and the zombies would still be able to fight. Thats why you have to use large calibur, a 9mm or 5.56 will go right through with minimal damage. Head shots are only in video games, in real life zombies dont have "special one hit one kill" spots.

If the Humvee gets overrun then you turn to shotguns, anykind as long as its buckshot. Of course the only sidearm would be a Colt .45 with 15 round clips.

I put way too much thought into this. :cowb:

ACTaFOOL82 said:
Head shots are only in video games, in real life zombies dont have "special one hit one kill" spots.

That all depends...

If a dead body is animated, then it still must have a central core to control the animations, that usually would be the brain via the spinal cord. Therefore severing the brain from the spinal cord would result in cutting off the process for control of the dead body's movements. So a shot to the head, provided it destroys enough brain matter, should be enough to stop a zombie, theorecticaly speaking of course.

If this were not the case, and every part of the body was independently animated, then even if you chopped it all up into tiny peices it would still come after you, but we know this is not the case with zombies. This would be moke akin to an alien life form like in the movie "The Thing" which would then be harder to fight. Then the chance that it would assimilate all mankind, is very likely.

They actually used a nuke in two movies, to kill off the zombies. So yes, that outa be enough.

But mind you, if the nuclear blast isn't strong enough to destroy the chemical or the bacteria that turns people into zombies then the fallout from the explosion will then carry the same chemical or bacteria a great distance perpetuating the problem, therby creating more zombies.

not so the radiation would kill off the bacteria from the fallout and it cant be a chemical because it would be next to impossible to spread a chemical over long distances. and BTW what were the movies?

everyone is putting way to much thought into this :roll:

i would say a shotgun, and some way to get out of there fast 8)

Tomahawk Cruise Missile and/or a 16-inch naval rifle projectile from 12 miles offshore...followed by a full carrier airstrike, with napalm and WP.

c/LtCdr said:
Tomahawk Cruise Missile and/or a 16-inch naval rifle projectile from 12 miles offshore...followed by a full carrier airstrike, with napalm and WP.
ahhaha damn that beats mine

but too bad i can't carry that around......

Back