What is the best internet explorer besides IE?

Firefox hands down is the best and blows IE out of the water. It blocks ads, very secure, resuming downloads and many other things.

And Firefox is not as heavy on system resources. Loads quicker than IE. And it's not full of spyware holes.

Hegario said:
And Firefox is not as heavy on system resources. Loads quicker than IE. And it's not full of spyware holes.

LOL it's more hungry than IE.
Open up task manager and you'll se that it takes around 30-50 MB of RAM and another 30-50 of virtual memory.

rOk said:
LOL it's more hungry than IE.
Open up task manager and you'll se that it takes around 30-50 MB of RAM and another 30-50 of virtual memory.

Hmm.. Not on my machine anyway. IE takes up 32881 kB and Firefox "just" 25228 kB. And my Windows install is just two weeks old. Well loads quicker anyway.

i can't get firefox to install to save my life so i use netscape. the only thing is that i have to right click to use my mass downloader. oh well

you live....you learn....and then get luvs

My choice is Mozilla Firefox.

Whether it uses more or less computer resources, it's worth it.

Having a website that I monitor to compare to others in my industry, I miss the Google PageRank option on the Google Toolbar that works with IE.

Firefox's "googlebar" is not the same thing.

But I have found a website that I can achieve the same function in - where it displays the 1 - 10 google rank.

The page rank is one portion of checking popularity. But it's important to compare to similar websites. In my industry, rarely is a web site over a 4 or 5, so an 8 ro 9 is not needed.

Our computer invasions - we have 3 computers at home - have been highly reduced since disabling IE on all of them.

M. D. Vaden of Oregon
http://www.mdvaden.com

Opera and Mozilla: Firefox are the two leading explorers besides IE, and the only reason IE is leading is because a lot of people don't rea;oze there's other options, and even more are just too lazy to bother. If it's not broken, don't fix it. I personally use IE. But I'd use Firefox if this was my computer. My brother won't let me D/L it. Idiot. :army:

Mozilla and Firefox are also great because of tabbed browsing. You can view multiple pages in one browser window. You'll never want to go back after trying it. I"m using Mozilla right now.

Back