What is the best Bullet-proof vest in the world? - Page 2

--

October 5th, 2004  
A Can of Man

It's got to be a lousy job.
Apparently the chances of getting out of 2 years of mine disarming without getting mangled is about 50/50.
It's one of things I'd never do. Ugh.
Better to just explode them from a distance.
October 5th, 2004  
Shadowalker

I dont know if i could do it, as if a bomb goes off your going to lose your hands, and personally i would probably prefer to lose my legs or eyes rather than lose both hands.
October 5th, 2004  
battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowalker
I dont know if i could do it, as if a bomb goes off your going to lose your hands, and personally i would probably prefer to lose my legs or eyes rather than lose both hands.

I'd rather just have one of these babys do it. Better then losing a man, aye?

http://www.army-technology.com/contr...mines/i_robot/
--
October 5th, 2004  
Shadowalker

very true!
October 5th, 2004  
Trevor

The RCMP issue class 3 flak vests are pretty good.
October 6th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

My vote goes for this one:

Kidding of course.
October 6th, 2004  
battery

I think God is on to somthing. I'm betting those laser weapons are useless on it! The armor of the future is the armor of the past.
October 6th, 2004  
whosewar2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by battery
I think God is on to somthing. I'm betting those laser weapons are useless on it! The armor of the future is the armor of the past.
I just think exact opposite way
Laser weapon, with enough power can simply make hole thougth iron (cause the laser will fuse it), rather than like bullet being stopped.
October 6th, 2004  
Rotty261

I have an Interceptor bullet proof vest with level IIII ceramic plates. Which one is best really depends on the use. For combat where you face rifle rounds ie 7.62 from AK's you need to have good coverage and level IIII protection without losing to much mobility. The interceptor is light comfortable as it can be and provides level IIII protection of the majority of your back and chest, the rest of your upper torso to include your neck and groin area. It doesn't weigh too much and you keep the majority of your mobility. Until something else comes out that is better this will stay as my choice.
October 6th, 2004  
battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosewar2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery
I just think exact opposite way
Laser weapon, with enough power can simply make hole thougth iron (cause the laser will fuse it), rather than like bullet being stopped.

I know. Was just kidding.