what army should i join?

Jewzilla

i have a choice i could move to israel and join the IDF or the or stay in the United States and join the US Army (id prefer the marines though) its a tough choice my families pushing me towards the IDF... the main reason im joining an army is because i want to get into executive protection as a career and i believe i need a military background... what would be the best decision? any suggestions?

Your allegiance can only belong to one country. It's up to you, but what ever your decision you will have to live with it for the rest of your life.

well, firstly let me give you an honest opinion:
Joining the IDF, if you are not currently a resident of Israel, shouldent be done of motives such as career. It should bve an ideological move. Thats how I see it.

After saying that, i will say a very important thing- if you are not currently a CITIZEN of israel, you will have a hard time in getting into SF units, hence, chances of gaining reall knowlege in executive protection are slim. You will have no trouble however, joining very good infantry units, such as Brigade Recon Company(Palsar). This assuming that you are highly motivated, disciplined, physically fit, and have a very high tolarance for being abused:).

Best wishes,
First Sargent Sherman, IDF 7th Armor Brigade.

If allegiance isn't an issue and you want a career, the US military is probably the better move. There's a lot more money, resources and specialized training with lots and lots of combat experience to back it up.
Believe me, you want to be in a service that's got some damned money.

Either way your likely to see a bit of service with either. That'll put you in good standing for many private contractor jobs.

Finish school yet?
Going to college?
Finish school first, then......
If your a citizen of the States, you ought to join here. If you have dual citizenship, then I would say go to whichever you plan on being for the rest of your life. If your an American, go there (Israel) to join their service, then come back here? Many Americans won't hire you because of their allegiance to this country. Of course, you will find some that will but many prefer American veterans. If you truly want EP, ( I assume this will change much as you get older, especially if you find out what it's really about), stay in school and work for the State Dept, high speed EP there IMHO. EP in the civilian world is extremely difficult to make a living at, too many folks doing it. Somehow, you have to make a name for yourself to get in the field. Military is not a bad start, but it's not the only thing they prefer. If you think because you might become a 3,872nd degree black belt, you will get in, not a chance. These are all good additional things but neither will get you into the field. You have to go somewhere like the State Dept that will get you a good reputation in it. State Dept is so important because those folks tend to know many of the people doing real EP, as many of them start their own companies doing such after retirement.

My suggestion, stay in school, college too, graduate and see how you feel then, after your graduate.

Back