What Antivirus do you use?

--

January 10th, 2008  
senojekips

Topic: What Antivirus do you use?

I have just changed over my brand of Antivirus, from "Norton 2006" to "Bit Defender" (It came bundled) so far both seem to work very well.

I would like to hear what others have installed, and their opinions of both their current program and/or programs which they may have tried previously.

People always told me to get rid of Norton because it was too intrusive and heavy on resources. So far i find that Bit Defender seems worse in this respect, (there is a noticeable slowdown in Internet activity) but I have only had it installed for two weeks, so I'll wait a while.

I'd like to hear what you have to say.
January 10th, 2008  
Infern0

i use avast after AVG free failed me...no complaints so far
January 10th, 2008  
pixiedustboo

I use Spy Sweeper, Symantec Anti-Virus, and a free download of Spybot Search & Destroy.

I just have regular old Spy Sweeper, none of the anti-virus that can be bought with it. That is the one I use regularly to sweep my computer. Once a month (if that even) I'll run Spybot and Symantec. Several months ago I was having a ton of crap showing up on my sweeps and I tweaked a few thing on my 'net options and rarely now do I ever have anything show on my sweeps.

It doesn't pay to run through the internet bare-naked.
--
January 11th, 2008  
The Other Guy

used to use Norton, but it seemed to hog more space every year...

Now I use NOD32
January 11th, 2008  
rock45

Topic: Mixture

I'm a computer tech by trade and work at a school 1,800 PCs and 8 servers and we use:
Norton Corporate
Windows Defender
Spybot

Haven't lost a PC to spyware in a long time using this trio. The Norton's corporate updates itself and pushes out new codes which helps.
January 13th, 2008  
wolfen

I used to swear by Norton, until I installed NOD 32 trial and found 15 time dated viruses in my system restore files that Norton didn't find. Now I swear by NOD32
So far in the 2 years I've used it it doesn't take viruses off the computer, it stops them dead in their track BEFORE they get on the computer. I've even been to the cotdc and walked away clean
January 14th, 2008  
CrazyLilCajun

Windows Defender and Vista Firewall, and one that came with my computer...cant think of the name but its one that dell uses...dont really care for it but its paid for the next four years.
January 14th, 2008  
mmarsh

BitDefender has been rated the best for the past 2 years by PC Magazine. Its what I use. Its also very cheap considering what McAfee and Norton charge for the same package.
January 14th, 2008  
Venom PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0
i use avast after AVG free failed me...no complaints so far
Same here and no problems so far.
January 14th, 2008  
MontyB

Currently I am using Bit Defender as a replacement for AVG, I tried NOD32 but it just felt a bit clumsy.