What Antivirus do you use? - Page 3

--

October 7th, 2009  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
After all of my trials and tribulations, I took the advice of Infern0 and tried Avast, ( A Freebie) I've been using it now for 18 months and find it to be excellent.
I have Avast running currently as well and it isn't bad, I was using Bitdefender 10 and had no issues with it either.
October 7th, 2009  
Nina

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen
Most of the pop up removers don't work with vista yet.
but if you have vista, you have my condolences
I bought a new laptop couple months ago at best buy..and paid extra 29,99 for them to fix/optmizing something vista related, I think is what you are talking about..(lol..beware I'm ignorant regarding computer, know just very basic to acess net etc.)

Then I have no problem with vista, thanks/$$ geek squadron at best buy.
October 7th, 2009  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I have Avast running currently as well and it isn't bad, I was using Bitdefender 10 and had no issues with it either.
I have tried Bitdefender, and found that it seemed very heavy on resources for my old box. Only 1 Gb of RAM, Yeah, I'm due for an upgrade (renewal)

I must say that Avast has done everything I could expect of it.
--
October 7th, 2009  
mmarsh

I use Bitdefender too and although it is heavy on resources on older PCs it really is the best product out there.
October 7th, 2009  
MontyB

BitDefender 8 wasnt too bad, BitDefender 10 is bloody awful and the primary reason I switched to Avast.
October 7th, 2009  
senojekips

When looking for a replacement for Norton several years ago, I also tried Kaspersky, and I feel that it was at least as good and not as intrusive as BitDefender, but after trying several others, including freebies, I finally settled for Avast as it seems to work well and is completely unobtrusive on older machines, except for regular (daily) messages that the virus database has been updated.
October 9th, 2009  
FALCONsw

Topic: WHO NEED ONE

I don't use one really.And i Think I don't need one for now.llooll Not because I am an Expert but cuz I dont have anything important on my PC to protect for now llooll.May be later i will use one like Avira or AVG.PEACE
October 9th, 2009  
Donkey

I use AVG been putting Avast on some machine with no issues....

I believe the Microsoft Corporation actually uses NOD 32. Thing with NOD 32 is it's rather expensive...

I have used Trend Micro's PC-Cillian in the past with no complaints....

I have had plenty of issues with Norton System Never Works and its lovely incompatibility issues AutoCAD that and it's a resource hog....

However I have also ran a machine for over a year with no AV and never once got a virus (on demand scanning verified this)....A lot of it has to do with making sure you read everything before clicking and to avoid shady files/links in general...
October 10th, 2009  
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey

I have used Trend Micro's PC-Cillian in the past with no complaints....
That's what I use.
October 11th, 2009  
wolfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina
I bought a new laptop couple months ago at best buy..and paid extra 29,99 for them to fix/optmizing something vista related, I think is what you are talking about..(lol..beware I'm ignorant regarding computer, know just very basic to acess net etc.)

Then I have no problem with vista, thanks/$$ geek squadron at best buy.

I'm glad you aren't having problem with Vista My wifes laptop does fine with it too, I really think this computer I'm on right now was originally designed for xp, and thats probably why Vista doesn't work. I have another hard drive that a spare, I'm gonna try it and see if Vista will work on this thing now that I'm done modifying it