What Antivirus do you use? - Page 2

--

January 14th, 2008  
wolfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLilCajun
Windows Defender and Vista Firewall, and one that came with my computer...cant think of the name but its one that dell uses...dont really care for it but its paid for the next four years.
I don't know what A/V came with your computer, but I can say this about windows firewall and defender, those 2 programs suck swampwater through a straw on Sunday. I'm serious neither of those stop squat.
If you want a descent firewall ( its free BTW) goggle Sygate personal firewall I think they still let you have it free. BUT for spyware and adware, a good free one is Super Anti Spyware, I've had it for about 6 month snow and I uninstalled AD Ware SE pro because of it, Super Anti Spyware works better than most of the ones I've tried, and trust me I've been on the net since the first virus, ad, and tracking cookie.
January 15th, 2008  
rock45

Topic: Disable

We disable windows firewall I agree useless. Now that you mentioned Windows Defender I uninstall it from 16 library computers because this other software called fortress we use came up with error messages. Before redoing them I thought of the last two programs I added, Adobe reader I think 8.1 and Windows Defender. After taking it off no more errors I just started a school wide removal. Sixteen computers was enough for me I use fortress on three quarters of my PC's it's a program that won't let the kids mess with the operating system and takes away the mighty right click. A friend in the field told me Windows Defender and Norton's clash I'm not a 100% sure on that. The school bought a Norton's contract and a fortress contract so I no choice so Windows Defender goes. I'm getting "I saw that error before" from 3 schools now, but that's a another story. Its a user error 90% of time or more teachers do more harm then kids too, go figure
January 15th, 2008  
CrazyLilCajun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen
I don't know what A/V came with your computer, but I can say this about windows firewall and defender, those 2 programs suck swampwater through a straw on Sunday. I'm serious neither of those stop squat.
If you want a descent firewall ( its free BTW) goggle Sygate personal firewall I think they still let you have it free. BUT for spyware and adware, a good free one is Super Anti Spyware, I've had it for about 6 month snow and I uninstalled AD Ware SE pro because of it, Super Anti Spyware works better than most of the ones I've tried, and trust me I've been on the net since the first virus, ad, and tracking cookie.

hmm ill have to check that out...thanks...
--
January 15th, 2008  
wolfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLilCajun
hmm ill have to check that out...thanks...
Your welcome
January 26th, 2008  
CanadianCowgirl

I use AVG but I"ve been getting a lot of pop-ups....for some reason my pop-up blocker isn't catching it....I blame Vista, haha
January 27th, 2008  
wolfen

Most of the pop up removers don't work with vista yet.
but if you have vista, you have my condolences
October 3rd, 2009  
Nina

AVG..free and excellent.
October 3rd, 2009  
senojekips

After all of my trials and tribulations, I took the advice of Infern0 and tried Avast, ( A Freebie) I've been using it now for 18 months and find it to be excellent.
October 4th, 2009  
rattler

An off-the-shelf Mac.

Rattler
October 5th, 2009  
Zastava-Arms

Using norton. S'alright, ill be looking to get either Kaspersky [My friends reckon its tip-top] or Macafee.