What is Airsoft?

gladius

I saw some picture of airsoft groups, those guys look like they were carying real guns.

What kind of guns are they, like plastic, metal, do they use CO2, are they anything like paintball ?

What type of ammo do they shoot?

And how far?

They are stunningly realistic looking, so much so I don't go out in the street with them.

Most are made of plastic, the use either 1) spring 2) electricity 3) gas. They are something like paintball, in the sense you can shoot each other with them. They shoot little tiny plastic BBs. Depends, anywhere from probably 50 to 300 feet depending on what type you have

http://www.mfiap.com/airsoft/airsoft.htm <-- the skinny

Airsoft guns rock! Especially since Airsoft rifles are legal in Germany. I've already started to save some money for a full-automatic AEG AK-47 8)

if you could get those in sniper rifles wouldn't the muzzle energy be alot great which means at cqc u could actually hurt them

Aaron said:
if you could get those in sniper rifles wouldn't the muzzle energy be alot great which means at cqc u could actually hurt them

I don't know how it is in other countries, but in Germany Airsoft weapons must not have a muzzle energy greater than 7,5 Joule.

So the muzzle energy of a softair sniper rifle isn't much greater than the one of a normal handgun.

Back