What ails you?

OI Dadsgirl!![emoji2] hang in there, it does get better, try prioritising the things you have to do and keep a diary of what you have done and to record what has been done by the people that are supposed to be helping you.

It seems like you might have some anxiety or depression,, it sounds like unpleasant things are happening to those around you and as a result it's your shoulder they are crying on, the problem is that you might need one to cry on, or at least a shoulder of someone you can talk to.

Since my op in may I have suffered not just from repeated infections and constant pain from the op, but from depression and anger at what the surgeons have done. A few years ago I suffered from PTSD and clinical depression and anxiety. I beat it with the help from my wife and understanding from the kids, luckily my wife is ex Army and the kids watched a documentary, while I was in hospital. It was a few years ago and the documentary was about the effects of depression, anxiety, ptsd and the many other psychological problems of serving in Northern Ireland.
I have noticed I have been sleeping erratic hours, waking up, off my food and switching from sad to euphoric feelings.
I made an appointment to see my doc next week, I don't particularly want pills, just someone else to talk to, wether it be my doctor or a counsellor. I beat depression once before and can do it again.
I hope this has helped a bit and things start to improve for you very quickly.
Good luck

Dear Queensman,
Thank you so much for caring and sharing your story also. Things have simmered down a bit, thankfully! The "energy zappers" in my life, well I just keep them further and further away with each passing day. They're still twenty things to get done. They will be done in my time. Grand baby is good...good! Anxiety you say??? Hahahaha!!! Oh yes! But there's always going to be this or that. We will live through them. Be the stronger for it too.

Dadsgirl

Dearest folk,
Things have quieted down for the most part ( lol). The new hurricane windows were finally installed. Yay!! Just one other project........where's Mr. Rogers when you need him?.
My son (step), is leaving for hopefully a better environment for his psyche. Another state. My grand daughter has assumed control. Haha. And yes, sometimes a mother's little helper comes in extremely handy. Thanks friends and family. And a shoutout to the ones that aren't here!

Dadsgirl

Last edited:
I may need a new laptop and doing everything possible to avoid it. My monitor stopped working on mine and I bought and HDMI cord and have it attached to my TV screen.. which is much more convenient, BUT, MICROSOFT WORD 2010 suddenly quits on me.(not the TV's fault)

I've been searching for a free version online and a little scared to download anything. If anyone knows of a safe and VALID MICROSOFT WORD online.. please help.

Thank ya kindly..
m03106.gif

Last edited:
A free AND safe version of Microsoft 10? Good luck Sara my friend. These days, I w not download anything from the www. Too sketchy.

What ails me today? Rather me lapdog. Besides the degenerative spine disease, now she is having petit mal seizures. She's about nine. So off to the Veterinarian today.
Oh yeah, no drastic measures. Too precious for that.

Last edited:
I've helped my sons get cars.. everything.. and I'm done with it. Sometimes I wonder if they would help me if I called and said.. "hey can you loan mom money for two tires ?".. I've never done it... never.

The only son who seems to respect me and anything I've ever done for him is the one in the military.

Sometimes I wish they would all be drafted .. even if there isn't a war. Teach some of the boys how to be men and stop acting like idiots.. disrespecting ..I'm sick of it.. tired of it all.

Sara,
One day they will see their foolish behavior had hurt you.
Like my (step) son, his Dad and I helped him "get out" of troubles, helped him with everything! His biggest issue was trusting women after the divorce.....paid off for me. We love each other deeply. AND he even wanted to hang out with Us-ltd. basis of course.
He was a real tough case Sara. Now that he has moved out West, we FaceTime and text. He's working though! You never know...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 4
Back