What ails you?

What? How to avoid hard work and how to fill in hotel booking in forms. Not much need for that in the army. :p

Whoooaaa!! Carefully there HM, you could be talking to someone who has done the 5 miler of death. I would tread very carefully or you might be attacked killed or even worse wounded by love, affection and kindness. I was at a kids football match watching my son when a bloke was going on about his service and that he was from a very elite unit that were as close to sf as you could get. He was ex RAF Regiment and all the mums with there kids were being suckered in, I didn't try to stop him but pi$$ing myself with laughter distracted him from trying to get into one woman's pants, I probably did him a favour too, when I said sorry I told him I had never heard anyone bragging about RAF regt and admitting to being a member, he sussed I was an ex tom and just seemed to melt away, he went and sat in his car for the rest of the game, one woman asked what was wrong so I told her that his unit was very top secret and he shouldn't be talking about it and that was why I was laughing to cover up for him. She went and sat in his car with him.
To top it all, he was RAF reserve too[emoji34].

Back on thread.
I now have cellulitis which has spread down my thigh to the top of my calf, the wound is still leaking and weeping, if the antibiotics haven't kicked in and start working by Monday night then I may have to present myself at the hospital, I was going to go today because of the pain and swelling but then thought I would give the pills a chance before making an idiot of myself, that's not hard to do really.

Yep, being RMP, we always had decent tents, camp beds and heaters on exercise - no digging in for us, and as we were mobile on main supply routes, plenty of access to takeaways - no rubbish field rations for us. ;)

I took a peek at face book and began comparing my screwed up life to everyone else. Bad idea.. and it's ailing me. I can easily act.. pretend like everything is wonderful ...and i did. Oh well... maybe that's what actors do sometimes.
m0428.gif

.....and my head's been hurting lately .. it's probably the heat. :firedevi:

Last edited:
I'm absolutely shattered, I've been awake since 5.30am on Sunday morning, it's now 3.50am Monday morning and I'm sat at my desk in the station on night shift, just over 2 hours to go, then go home to face a battle with the next door neighbour. Thanks to his stupidity, My social housing provider is replacing the fence between our front gardens. The original fence has rotted away after having soil piled up against it and heavy duty panelling attached to it! I could think of better things to have done on my birthday! :(

I'm absolutely shattered, I've been awake since 5.30am on Sunday morning, it's now 3.50am Monday morning and I'm sat at my desk in the station on night shift, just over 2 hours to go, then go home to face a battle with the next door neighbour. Thanks to his stupidity, My social housing provider is replacing the fence between our front gardens. The original fence has rotted away after having soil piled up against it and heavy duty panelling attached to it! I could think of better things to have done on my birthday! :(

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOSS!!!!

Dadsgirl

What ails me???? HA!
My daughter and family were evicted illegally....
Baby okay though.
Our home improvement store who does the installation; I dunno what the're waiting for....
I am inundated by b. s. paper work, doctors that don't do their jobs, stupid neighbors that owe me money...lol...
And my stepson almost died this weekend. This time almost counts (that's the furthest I can get into that one).
Calgon take me away.....

Dadsgirl

Another year uglier.:mrgreen:

What ails me???? HA!
Baby okay though.
Our home improvement store who does the installation; I dunno what the're waiting for....
I am inundated by b. s. paper work, doctors that don't do their jobs, stupid neighbors that owe me money...lol...
And my stepson almost died this weekend. This time almost counts (that's the furthest I can get into that one).
Calgon take me away.....

Dadsgirl

Oh blimey. Take a deep breath Dadsgirl. Huggs

Last edited:
I took a peek at face book and began comparing my screwed up life to everyone else. Bad idea.. and it's ailing me. I can easily act.. pretend like everything is wonderful ...and i did. Oh well... maybe that's what actors do sometimes.
m0428.gif
Sara pay them no heed, the buggers will post anything and you can bet most of it is BS

What ails me???? HA!
Baby okay though.
Calgon take me away.....
Dadsgirl

Hold your head up Dadsgirl this will pass. I know you got the grit.

I'd hug the both of you if I could

Sara pay them no heed, the buggers will post anything and you can bet most of it is BS

Hold your head up Dadsgirl this will pass. I know you got the grit.

I'd hug the both of you if I could

..and I'll take it JOC.. you're a sweetheart...
t4602.gif

OI Dadsgirl!![emoji2] hang in there, it does get better, try prioritising the things you have to do and keep a diary of what you have done and to record what has been done by the people that are supposed to be helping you.

It seems like you might have some anxiety or depression,, it sounds like unpleasant things are happening to those around you and as a result it's your shoulder they are crying on, the problem is that you might need one to cry on, or at least a shoulder of someone you can talk to.

Since my op in may I have suffered not just from repeated infections and constant pain from the op, but from depression and anger at what the surgeons have done. A few years ago I suffered from PTSD and clinical depression and anxiety. I beat it with the help from my wife and understanding from the kids, luckily my wife is ex Army and the kids watched a documentary, while I was in hospital. It was a few years ago and the documentary was about the effects of depression, anxiety, ptsd and the many other psychological problems of serving in Northern Ireland.
I have noticed I have been sleeping erratic hours, waking up, off my food and switching from sad to euphoric feelings.
I made an appointment to see my doc next week, I don't particularly want pills, just someone else to talk to, wether it be my doctor or a counsellor. I beat depression once before and can do it again.
I hope this has helped a bit and things start to improve for you very quickly.
Good luck

Back