What ails you? - Page 2

--
Boots

May 23rd, 2015  
The Highway Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Did they catch the culprit or are you still married to her?
I couldn't identify them, I was 3 sheets to the wind! It was 10 years before I met the trouble and strife!
May 23rd, 2015  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
Sorry to hear about that broken back, mine just deteriorated with abuse. If it weren't for those lower vertebrae and those darn worn out knee's (cartilage gone, but ample arthritis). Basketball did in the knee's.
I mainly just fish for my finny freinds.
Thankfully my back wasn't broken just badly bruised vertebrae. Being young at the time I just brushed it off and took pain killers when my back hurt. My uncle Charlie who was in North Africa with the 8th Army with the LRDG in later life had to wear a steel corset.

Military service does have its price, but I'd still do it if I could.

When I broke my arm in 1978 I was on exercise in Germany, I ended up in the British Military Hospital in Hannover. I was well chuffed, the rest of the Squadron were up to their eyes in mud while I had a nice comfy bed, clean sheets and nurses bringing me breakfast, lunch and dinner in bed. lol
May 23rd, 2015  
The Highway Man

Lazy git!!!
--
Boots
May 23rd, 2015  
Queensman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
Sorry to hear about that broken back, mine just deteriorated with abuse. If it weren't for those lower vertebrae and those darn worn out knee's (cartilage gone, but ample arthritis). Basketball did in the knee's.
I mainly just fish for my finny freinds.

You do realise that stating something has deteriorated through abuse in Britain can have a completely different meaning[emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]
Only young men harm themselves by abusing their bodies, the rest of us have a wife to do it instead or in some cases they pay for it[emoji13][emoji16]
May 23rd, 2015  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highway Man
Lazy git!!!
Jealousy makes ya nasty, nasty makes ya ugly.
May 23rd, 2015  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highway Man
Lazy git!!!
What do you expect? He's RAF
May 24th, 2015  
JOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queensman
You do realise that stating something has deteriorated through abuse in Britain can have a completely different meaning[emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]
Only young men harm themselves by abusing their bodies, the rest of us have a wife to do it instead or in some cases they pay for it[emoji13][emoji16]
I don't know if I like where this is going
May 24th, 2015  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
What do you expect? He's RAF
Erm, at the time I was a part time weekend warrior pongo.

It needed an ex RAF bloke to show the pongo's how its done.

In the ward I was in they brought in a Red Cap with a broken leg, he was whimpering and wailing like a little girl, he ended up with a number of bed pans being thrown at him. Then a nurse noticed his toes were going blue, they had put the plaster cast on too tight cutting off the blood supply. As they cut the plaster cast off he was still wailing and whimpering, when he returned to the ward he was not a happy chappy. I did chuckle
May 24th, 2015  
hawky94

I broke and dislocated my finger a couple of years back. Cracked my head open many a time as a child - whether running in the streets, falling over and WHAM onto the concrete. Or, famously roller-blading indoors and WHAM, head first onto the corner of the stone hearth...

Dad got done for speeding on the way to the hospital. Copper let us go (what a nice man!)

Aside from that, I am thankfully very healthy!
May 24th, 2015  
The Highway Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
It needed an ex RAF bloke to show the pongo's how its done.
What? How to avoid hard work and how to fill in hotel booking in forms. Not much need for that in the army.