Whaler, activist ship collide again off Antarctica (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - The anti-whaling ship the Bob Barker and a Japanese harpoon boat collided in the icy waters off Antarctica on Saturday — the second major clash this year in the increasingly aggressive confrontations between the two sides.

More...

I do not know why, but, looking at the vids from the incident (both actually) the Sea Sheperd guys get my credibitlity vote.

Rattler

As long as they're not being hunted into extinction, it's fine by me.
Every day cows are slaughtered at unbelievable rates.
So as long as the whales aren't being hunted into extinction, it's all the same.

Every day cows are slaughtered at unbelievable rates.
We breed cows specifically for slaughter, but the only way that we can maintain the worlds whale population is to not kill them when numbers are low.

The Japanese have effectively hunted all of whales in their home waters and Pacific Ocean, so they are now determined to ruin the conservation efforts of other countries. Similar to their blatant over fishing of Australian Bluefin Tuna stocks where they openly admitted they had knowingly exceeded their 6,065 tonne quota by 1800 tons in 2006. It is strongly suspected that this figure is grossly understated as it has no relevance to the tonnage sold in Japan over the same period.

the only aspect i dont like about this is that the whalers conduct this whaling in the Australian eez (exclusive economic zone) when they were ordered by our courts to leave the Japanese government simply said that they no longer would recognize that it is our eez any more...
that to me is an insult and a little to arrogant for my liking. if they want to whale do it out of Australian waters seriously they are in the Australian south sea whale sanctuary a lot of the time.

the Japanese like to seem so nice but the arrogance of their government is irritating.

if this can be applied universally, im going to go into a Japanese national park and shoot up all the endangered animals i can and when i get caught and the Japanese authorities catch me ill tell them that i do not recognize this as Japanese territory so there fore they have no right tell me what to do here...

it worked for them...

I've said this all along. Don't fall for the Japanese being so kind and polite. They do this so well that most Western countries fail to realize that Japan can do a lot of things that are against our interests. These are folks who can come to your house and kill a family member, all while being polite as hell (taking off their shoes, making all the appropriate greetings etc.).

it is all a sham...

and it is a all a result of society being suppressed for so long they dont know hiw to act anymore......

Not really that simple and there's a touch of genius as well.
Why should they be honest about their feelings towards you? Wouldn't it be in their best interest to be as polite as possible to you, get your guard down so you would make careless mistakes and not suspect them when something's occured?
No matter where you go and who you meet, you'll find strange behavior that in some ways strangely make a lot of sense.
In fact, in retrospect, sometimes I feel like an idiot for actually showing how I actually feel when in fact I could have gotten more done had I just pretended to be cool with everything.

Back