Whale Wars

Look, we are all human, after all.

Dont try and tell me - seriously - tht you would do such calcs in the same situation. In Spanish (Mods: Sorry, I do not know English proverbs; others: Please suppply me with the English equivalent): "...que dios no me ponga donde haya, por que si haya, ya no haya".

Rattler
There is no way that I would do as they do.

If I am going to try to achieve something that borders on illegal, I always do my own dirty work by myself, and would no more admit to having done it, than shoot myself in the foot.

People who do such things and post videos of it, are complete idiots in my view. If I was to do something like this, only my target would be aware that I have visited, and if I had my way, not even they will know who it was.

MontyB, frogmen? How did I miss that!? :lol:

rattler
, I plugged your Spanish proverb into an on-line translator ... but got only gibberish. :-(

senojekips, I agree that the Sea Shepherd 'crew' are amateurs playing a very deadly game. On the other hand, Greenpeace merely stands by and takes pictures. I'm not sure which is less effective.

I suppose it was the pictures and footage Greenpeace provided over the decades that has whaling restricted as much as it is. That saved a lot of whales. Going forward? I'm not sure what I'd do.

Still, I cannot get enough of the Sea Shepherd crew throwing stink bombs onto the decks of the whaling vessels. As long as they're down there doin' what they do, I'm glad they've brought cameras along.

Now, if I could only get a steaming pile of blubber for sunb! and 5.56 x 45mm to chow down on! :p

Last edited:
-snip-

rattler
, I plugged your Spanish proverb ("...que dios no me ponga donde haya, por que si haya, ya no haya", R.) into an on-line translator ... but got only gibberish. :-( -snip-

Obviously you do not have that saying in English.

It means something along the lines of "... please, god, do not put me where there is something (...to gain... R.), because if (...you do and... R.) there is something, then there will not be anything anymore (...when I am through. R.)"

Inserts to clarify the meaning.

Rattler

Last edited:
Back