The Western World is not responsible for the deaths of mil..

Are we responsible for the death of millions?

• Total voters
Responsibility comes in different levels, depends on how you want to look at it. It's like asking if you are responsible for your classmates' grades. On an individual level, no, you want to get an A, and you could careless if they are failing the class. But in terms of the class' average, you surely could do more to raise the overall grade by helping those failing classmates.

Zyca said:
Responsibility comes in different levels, depends on how you want to look at it. It's like asking if you are responsible for your classmates' grades. On an individual level, no, you want to get an A, and you could careless if they are failing the class. But in terms of the class' average, you surely could do more to raise the overall grade by helping those failing classmates.

Did they fail because they were freaking around while I was studying hard as hell to pass?

Italian Guy said:
Did they fail because they were freaking around while I was studying hard as h**l to pass?

That is besides the point. Your class' average grade dropped because of those students. They might be freaking around and watching TV and doing nothing productive, but they do contribute to the overall quality of the class. You can think of it as none of your business or it is, depends on how you look at it. If there are aliens out there, we as human race are not doing as well in general because of the poverty and diseases in third world.

I personally think no country is powerful yet enough to help those people. And it shouldn't be any one country's responsibility, it should be a joint effort from everyone.

I've lived a good chunk of my life and all my teenage life in the "3rd world." Peace loving? Well that all depends doesn't it?
Personally I've never met more peacenicks than the US and Europe. Almost drunk with pacifism. The rest of the world generally isn't like that.

03USMC said:
Yep we become war mongering imperialists who enforce our will on the poor peace loving masses in the 3rd World.

Gotta love it.

Yup. And that's why I say scale of involvement. There's been countless good that has been done by the West. Whether it was intentional or not, whether a few politicians had other priorities while doing it is totally besides the point. Good things did come.
Nothing ever goes 100% right though. So to answer the question directly, then I say perhaps yes. But it's another case of telling only half the story.

03USMC said:
With the amount of aid we send, how can that be. We attempt to aid nations and are vilified for it.

More than one Western solider has died to end famine, tyranny, genocide, and ethnic cleansing in the third world. Only to be forgotten not only by the west but the very people he was sent to aid.

However if your statement makes you feel enlightend go ahead.

really

I don't know if any one realsies this but countries like africa and idian would be better off if USA took the price of tax down on them..............

e.g:

USA charges around £200 on tax to each village in africa, this leaves hundreds starving and poor....................if USA turned round and realised that this greed is actually effecting a whole country maybe medicine and food can be supplied alot better.

Bono does alot to help in this kind of charity and he got USA govenment to stop taking money off of africa for a year, this was last yr, and they bulit them sleves up just enough to get the essentials. Now you think if this tax was toned down a little then the country will be a better place

Re: really

Anya1982 said:
I don't know if any one realsies this but countries like africa and idian would be better off if USA took the price of tax down on them..............

e.g:

USA charges around £200 on tax to each village in africa, this leaves hundreds starving and poor....................if USA turned round and realised that this greed is actually effecting a whole country maybe medicine and food can be supplied alot better.

Bono does alot to help in this kind of charity and he got USA govenment to stop taking money off of africa for a year, this was last yr, and they bulit them sleves up just enough to get the essentials. Now you think if this tax was toned down a little then the country will be a better place

:shock: The United States does not "Tax" other nations. Where are you getting that? No country can legally levy taxes on the citizens of another nation, that would be a tribute being collected for protection and I am not aware of any westeran nation thats collected tributes in a few hundred years. Were that true it would cut the amount of taxes Uncle Sugar hit's me for every pay day.

Back