The Westboro Baptist Church....coming HERE???

jillyz12

After all the times I've sniped about the Westboro Baptist Church and their shenanigans on this forum, I just got some mind-boggling news. My sister was at Mass this morning (no, I wasn't there...I know, I suck :oops: ) and Father Burnette announced that those mouth-breathers are coming to my town to protest something! The only reason he even mentioned it was to tell the parishioners to just ignore them when they're here, and not engage them in any way. In effect, he said they were all stupid, without actually using those words. But, seriously...I can't even imagine what their beef is with Decatur. It is in NO WAY a liberal town. Time will tell, I guess, and I'll keep you all posted.

It feels great to post here again...it's been ages. Seems like since Mom passed away, everything has changed. So much of my and my sister's time was dedicated to caring for her, and I'm still kind of feeling my way in regards to what the hell I'm supposed to do with my time now.

We also lost our dog Kirby on New Year's Day this year, and that completely pulled the rug out from under us. He became ill so suddenly and went downhill so fast, that it was unreal. Our veteranarian couldn't make him well and neither could the vets at the university veterinary hospital. So we had to make the decision to let him go. It just wasn't meant to be, and the part that was really hard to accept is that Kirby was only 9 years old. When you're used to your dogs living to be 14 or 16, losing one so early is quite a shock.

I'm just full of happy and uplifting news, aren't I? lol No, it's not all bad....my sis and I are healthy, and we've adopted a senior pet for the first time. An 8 year old Basset Hound named Georgie, and she's wonderful!

Anyway, I haven't forgotten you guys...I think about you often, and I sincerely want to be a little more of a presence here in the future. I always post military news stories that I think you guys might like, when I find them. I'm glad to see that the old gang is still around, and that you continue to gain new members, too. Redleg, if you see this, I finally managed to get ahold of the Troll Hunter DVD a while back....it was awesome!!! :rock:

Take care, everyone. And like I said, I'll let you know what those wonderful examples of Christianity have against my city, as soon as I find out.

He did however by the time that had happened the WBC had been taken over by even more extreme lunatics.

I think in the end even Phelps had been booted out for being too soft.

I'm so sick and tired of these idiots. The words ignorant and insulting just do little to no justice.

Also at the OP: sorry for your losses

Sorry for your loss, Jillyz...I'm happy that we'll be seeing you more...:smile:

Back