West Wing(hope that counts)

bonnieblue716

I hope y'all don't get mad at me for posting things from the show West Wing in the movie part. I didn't know where else to stick it and I have a few good quotes from here. Oh and if you don't get mad at me for this post I may start a JAG and NCIS show post, those are even more military than West Wing.

“…….without fault. Securing peace in a time of global conflict. Sustaining hope in this winter of anxiety and fear. More than anytime in recent history America’s destiny is not of our on choosing we did not seek nor did we provoke an assault on freedom and our way of life. We did not expect nor did we invite a confrontation with evil. Yet the true measure of a people’s strength is how they rise to master that moment when it does arise. Forty-four people were killed a couple hours ago at Kenason State University. Three swimmers from the men’s team were killed and two others are in critical condition when after having heard the explosion from their practice facility they ran into the fire to help get people out. Ran into the fire. The streets of Heaven are too crowed with angels tonight. They’re our students and our teachers and our parents and our friends. The streets of Heaven are too crowed with angels but every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge we look up and we’re reminded that that capacity may well be limitless. This is a time for American Heroes. We will do what is hard. We will achieve what is great. This is a time for American Heroes and we reach for the stars. God bless their memory, God bless you, and God bless the United States Of America. Thank you.”
Jed Bartlett (Martin Sheen), West Wing, from the show entitled "Red Mass"

Honey if were going to have this arguement, can we not do it in front of the joint cheifs of staff, it just scares the hell out of them. Jed Bartlett to Leo

Leo's daughter: My dad said you staffed the president today.
Sam Seyborne: Yes
Leo's Daughter:How was it?
Sam Seyborne: You know anything about the chaos theory?
Leo's Daughter: I know it has to do with phafil geometry.
Sam Seyborne: That’s about all I know too. But it has to do with there being order and even great beauty in what looks like total chaos. That if we look closely enough at the randomness around us that patterns will start to emerge. I love Josh like a brother, and he’s a world class political mind; but until today I didn’t know he was smarter than I was. I’ve worked here three years and eight months and until you sit in the room all day, you can’t comprehend the chaos of the oval office. I had one good moment talking about the global ripple effect of a budget deficit, but that was it. The rest of the day was just keeping up; and this was a pretty light day.
Leo's Daughter: One good moment is good.
Sam Seyborne: No I’m not complaining, I’m saying one good moment is Great. It’s a golf shot. I gotta get back in there. That’s where it’s happening.

Toby Zequler: If our job teaches us anything it’s that we don’t know what the next president is going to face. If we choose someone with vision, someone with guts. Someone with glaveytos who’s connected to other people’s lives and cares about making them better. If we choose someone to inspire us then we’ll be able to face what comes our way; and achieve things we can’t imagine yet. Instead of telling people who’s the most qualified, instead of telling people who got the better ideas let’s make it obvious. It’s going to be hard.
Josh Lyman: Then we’ll do what’s hard.

Josh Lyman: I don’t know Toby it’s election night, what do you say about a country that goes out of it’s way to protect people who try to destroy it.
Toby Zqeuler: “God Bless America”

White HouseStaffer: This was just dropped off at the gate for you. The person didn't leave a name.
Charile: (Scans the page grining) It's from that kid that was here yesterday. Anthony.
White House Staffer: Nice note?
Charlie: No, in fact in several places he implies that I have an inappropiate realonship with my mother.
White House Staffer: Then why are you smiling?
Charile: Because he wrote it on the back of the first amendment.

Back