Well, if you can read this I guess I did it right

FutureOKtrooper

Hey everyone,
Wouldn't you know it, I go on leave and have nothing to do. I was playing around on the internet and came across this site. I figured I'd see what all the fuss was about.
I'm a SSgt in the USAF. I'm stationed in Oklahoma for the time being. I have a wife and a two year old son (believe me, if he wasn't my son, I'd kill him :) ) Our second child is on the way. He/She should be here in Jan.
I joined the Air Force in 1999 and have never looked back. The pride I have for serving my country is second to none. I'm a member of the Security Forces (An "MP" for all you non-AF peolpe) I've served in several military operations to include OEF and OIF. I have one more year on my contract. As of now, I really don't know if I'm going to re-enlist. I have to start thinking of my family. My wife is not a big fan of deployments. I would also like my children to grow up in a small town and make life long friends as I did.
Well, I guess I've taken up enough of your time. Just wanted to say hi and I can't wait to meet you all.

Welcome to the Forums. I was going to join the AF as an Air Nav, but got screwed out of it by the Recruiting Office.

Welcome to the forum SSgt.. :)

I have a 2 years old daughter, and I can understand what you are saying about your son.. :lol:
Congratulations! :D

Welcome SSgt!

Welcome! Well, maybe you can answer any questions that I might have about the A.F. and Sec. Forces. See, I have joined the A.F. and I am going to train to work for Security Forces! I can't wait to leave in August. How do you like your job? Why did you get stationed in Oklahoma? Are you more leaning towards getting out of the military after your contract is up? I'm sorry about all these questions...i'm just curious. =) Well, I look forward to seeing you around the forums!
~Lauren

Welcome FutureOKtrooper. I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of this forum. I know what you mean about the wife not being fond of deployments, they never are :) Good luck with your plan for your famly, it sounds great and thank you for your service.

Back