Well who didn't see this coming...

MontyB

All-Blacks Supporter
http://gunappreciationday.com/

And with out a doubt my favourite delusional quote of the year to date in red below..
Gun Appreciation Day Organizer: Armed African Americans Could Have Prevented Slavery

Event planned for just two days before holiday honoring Martin Luther King Jr., who was killed by a bullet, sparks controversy
HQT4N705ESVFCLFO-rszw514
Image: YouTube

When gun rights advocate Larry Ward tried to defend planning a national Gun Appreciation Day to coincide with the weekend honoring Martin Luther King Jr., who was killed in 1968 by an assassin's bullet, he only prompted more outrage with his comments.
"I believe that Gun Appreciation Day honors the legacy of Dr. King," said Ward, chairman of the event and president of Republican consulting firm Political Media Inc, on CNN. "We are looking for a peaceful protest. I think Martin Luther King, Jr. would agree with me if he were alive today that if African Americans had been given the right to keep and bear arms from day one of the country's founding, perhaps slavery might not have been a chapter in our history."
The event, scheduled Jan. 19, falls on President Barack Obama's inauguration weekend, and just two days before the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. On that day, a coalition of conservative and gun rights groups are calling on gun owners to "go to your local gun store, gun range or gun show with your constitution, American flags, and your 'Hands off My Guns' signs to send a loud message to Congress and President Obama," according to the event's web site.
Maria Roach, founder of United for Change USA, an organization that advocates for prison reform and gun violence prevention, said Ward's comments were "ridiculous" and called it "theater." Her group started a petition on SignOn.org to stop Gun Appreciation Day. It has almost 28,000 signatures.
"Slavery means that you are a possession," Roach said on CNN. "Slaves were a possession, just like a gun...Gun appreciation day is really a power play."

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/4...frican-americans-could-have-prevented-slavery

Still I guess he is right, had the Indians had guns there probably wouldn't have been any Americans, Maori had guns no New Zealanders, same in many nations around the world...

As I have mentioned before some Americans seem to see the gun as a religion it certainly appears to be a cult if nothing else.

I agree with the guy, if the slaves had had guns, when they were in Africa then.............
What a nob.

Another excellent example of the mentality of many in in the Pro gun lobby.

I think that all inmates in US Prisons should be allowed to open carry in an effort to minimise the gang violence.

I agree with the guy, if the slaves had had guns, when they were in Africa then.............
What a nob.
That's where they would have needed them, to defend themselves from the stronger Tribes that captured them for the Trade.
Another excellent example of the mentality of many in in the Pro gun lobby.
Obviously the guy hasn't studied history, or...maybe went to public schools...actually anti guns Laws in the US untill a few decades ago were rarely enforced against Whites, if was directed against Blacks in most cases

The ignorance and stupidity of humans never ceases to amaze me. I mean, seriously? You want to APPRECIATE guns...?

I know in a military environment you are taught to appreciate the weapon you have, but that's because you need to - it has to be maintained and respected, otherwise, it won't work when your life is on the line. You treat it as your baby.

But seriously, a gun appreciation day? Appreciating what exactly? What is there about the gun to be appreciative for? Baffling...

Some people... honestly. *Shakes head*

I'm still incredulous.

Has the gun risen to such a stature and place in American society that certain Americans feel that it needs it's own special day? Wow. What a fecked up world we live in....

I think we should promote "hug a landmine day" if nothing else the world will emerge smarter for it.

Back