Well.... I did it.... I need help big time.

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
I order a OD Green FN PS90 for a grand total of $1609.52

In the end.... I will SBR it with a Form 1.

PS90_SBR.348171419_std.jpg

7 inch AR-15 Project......

diablo_l5.jpg

DEAD

It would have cost more then the FN. $1550 for the Upper, $140 for the lower, $100+ for the parts for the lower, plus the $200 NFA Tax.

The FN is $1609.52 plus the $200 for the NFA Tax. Smaller platform, better ballastics and higher magazine capacity. 50rds versus 30rds. 5.56x45mm is pretty slow out of a seven inch barrel. 5.7x28mm is one fast little bastard out of a 10 inch barrel

Last edited:
P90? Cool. that's going to be some serious bling in the line of duty.

Yes, it is some serious bling for work..... The guys on the PD are already going nuts over the 5.11 Bag I have.... they're going to go even more nuts when I finish building the P90 the way I want it....

My Chief gave me the approval to carry pretty much what ever long gun I want as long as I pay for it out of pocket. So having a FN P90 is bling in my PD. :p

I thought that the p90 used 5.7x28mm ammo like the fiveseven pistol.
how are you going to get ammo, isnt it restricted to federal use only?
or is that just here in the gun loving state of California? I am one of the 15 republicans in this state. jk

I thought that the p90 used 5.7x28mm ammo like the fiveseven pistol.
how are you going to get ammo, isnt it restricted to federal use only?
or is that just here in the gun loving state of California? I am one of the 15 republicans in this state. jk

The SS190 Ball ammo is restricted by BATFE as a armor piercing round and thus not legal for civilian sale. I can get the SS192 and everything else for it.

Also California will not allow you to buy one because of it's despotic gun laws. Florida doens't give a damn. We can pretty much own what ever we want except what the FEDs don't allow. And that is just paperwork and money. Hence why I can get a Short Barreled Rifle and a Suppressor. I just need to fill out the federal forms and send int he $200 tax stamp.

hell of a monster you are building there mate.good luck with that.
btw is that an AR or and SMG?
excuse my question hehe

The SS190 Ball ammo is restricted by BATFE as a armor piercing round and thus not legal for civilian sale. I can get the SS192 and everything else for it.

Also California will not allow you to buy one because of it's despotic gun laws. Florida doens't give a damn. We can pretty much own what ever we want except what the FEDs don't allow. And that is just paperwork and money. Hence why I can get a Short Barreled Rifle and a Suppressor. I just need to fill out the federal forms and send int he $200 tax stamp.

Now thats sweet, do you need a FFL as well in Florida? Also I know this may seem a little irrelivant but does anyone have any news on the FN 2000C? The new bullpup by FN?

Now thats sweet, do you need a FFL as well in Florida? Also I know this may seem a little irrelivant but does anyone have any news on the FN 2000C? The new bullpup by FN?

well news, not that much. its being introducted into small numbers in regular belgian infantry platoons. some other foreign militaries have also purchased it. i have some pics somewere from an operation that my father emailed me with some fn2000c on it. i'll post them here later if you want :)

Shouldn't you be able to get a select-fire P90 with the armor piercing ammo as a LEO?

Yes, I can under department letter head but in the end I can't keep the thing if I go that route. This is being built for other reasons and not just work related. I do plan on using it for conceal carry. Hence why I'm looking at such a small design. I want to have something with me other then my pistol.

hell of a monster you are building there mate.good luck with that.
btw is that an AR or and SMG?
excuse my question hehe

Both are Semi-auto. The AR-15 is an Assault Rifle but Colt back in the day sold their 10 inch barreled rifles as SMGs. They still do for their 9mm AR-15.

The PS90 is actually a PDW (Personal Defense Weapon). It was designed back in the late '80s early '90s as a weapon system to defeat Soviet Body Armour for ground troops that weren't front line infantry. Something for tankers, truck drivers, etc... It's smaller then a rifle but still packs more punch then a pistol.

Been out on the market for a while..... Being marketed on the civilian side as a FN FS2000. Good piece of gear. I've played with it and I love it..... after the FN PS90 I'm going to snag one. The Civvie ones come with a longer barrel and also has the bayonet lug removed for importation. Which isn't a problem once you make it a SBR and pay the tax. You can add what ever you want on it.

Yes, I need a FFL to have FN Herstal ship me my PS90. I used to run my own shop and I still work for a shop on the side for extra cash and also because I love working in the industry.

Back