Well defended office building!

chronoserpent

I saw this while my NJROTC unit was on a field trip to Naval Base San Diego.

b73852838.jpg

Let's see someone try to carbomb that NOW!!! :D

I think that must have been the 3rd Fleet's Surface Warfare headquarters or something.

Hey....I see my office! 9 windows from left. lol...jk. Are those active "machine gun" on the ground?

looks like 2 5-inch guns and least 2 20mm CWIS there. no one is getting anywhere near that building, or the parking lot for that matter.

or by air i am sure...

True that, the roof does seem to be an obstacle rich environment, Major.

I'm begining to wonder how they park cars with the Close-in Weapons system turned on, and if they low-crawl into the Building if they make it out of their vehicle's alive.

looks like 2 5-inch guns and least 2 20mm CWIS there. no one is getting anywhere near that building, or the parking lot for that matter.

I am not sure I agree there appears to be a huge blind spot right in from of the two pillars as the 20mm look to be set back behind the edge of the pillars and the 5-inch guns could never lower their trajectory enough to cover.

Essentially it looks very much like you could walk right in the front door.

:)

Essentially it looks very much like you could walk right in the front door.

:)

Oh no, the US Navy has these people called Marines to take care of pesky pedestrians like that. :eek:

:eek: it can prevent the carbomb,but can they stop the bomb from the sky?it is useless,just like a paper tiger

Let me clarify if some of you thought these were active and actually for defense. They're not! They're just there to look pretty, which I think they're pretty good at!

And to take care of air problems, the US Navy's 3rd Fleet is just a few miles away. I saw a pair of Nimitz carriers and some DDG's and CG's. :D

Last edited:
Jack, they're ornamental. The US Navy likes to decorate its buildings with mothballed guns off decommisioned ships.

Back