Welcome Them Home

bigcanada813

Canuckus Maximus
As part of my duties with the Virginia Defense Force, I was on hand today as a unit of the VA National Guard returned from deployment to Iraq. I don't think I'll ever forget the sight of seeing soldiers being reunited with their families and loved ones just in time for Christmas. It was truly an amazing experience.

Last edited:
Yes, it's an amazing experience to have your loved one come home, especially on a special holiday such as this. I had the wonderful experience of my son coming home on July 4th. --Never forget it.
Thanks for sharing, and thanks for all the support from everyone who is there for them when they do return. I don't believe everyone realizes how much it means to them.

Every time I came home on leave I was asked, "When are you going back."

Christmas morning 1970 I arrived at home after a 3 month detachment to Malta and Cyprus (not long after after a 2 year 6 month tour in the Far East), I was greeted with, "Home already, when are you going back?"

Every time I came home on leave I was asked, "When are you going back."

Christmas morning 1970 I arrived at home after a 3 month detachment to Malta and Cyprus (not long after after a 2 year 6 month tour in the Far East), I was greeted with, "Home already, when are you going back?"
You were probably a domestic tyrant :whip:

As part of my duties with the Virginia Defense Force, I was on hand today as a unit of the VA National Guard returned from deployment to Iraq. I don't think I'll ever forget the sight of seeing soldiers being reunited with their families and loved ones just in time for Christmas. It was truly an amazing experience.
Welcome home Yanks.
Thanks for a job well done.

I hope the best for our service men and women who finally get to come home.:thumb:

I am very happy to see them arriving back home, hopfully with their skill sets, and no need to spend trillions on the war anymore, we can all help put our country back on track so all of us espcially them can have a shot decent living in the troubled civilian job market.

Cause they really do deserve no less, Congressional spending and mismanagment be damned.

Back