Weepy-Wacko Judge Gets TV Offer

DTop

I don't know about anyone else but all I can do is shake my head in disbelief over this one :?

clear.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Seidlin a TV star? Anna Nicole judge gets CBS offer[/FONT]

By Paula McMahon and Tonya Alanez
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted February 24 2007
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica] The appetite for his antics may be wearing thin in South Florida, but the networks and cable TV only seem to want more of Broward Circuit Judge Larry Seidlin.

The courthouse rumor mill was grinding two big items Friday: Seidlin is retiring from the Broward bench. And he's finally getting that TV judge show his friends say he should have.

[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica] The reality is a little tougher to figure out.

At least one morning program, CBS's Saturday Early Show, is interested in having the quirky Seidlin host a new segment.

"I have been extremely impressed by your compassion in the Anna Nicole case and I would love to discuss with you the idea of being our judge on a new segment, `Morning Justice.' It would be a semi-regular segment in which you would resolve the ethical and legal questions of our viewers who send in the issues troubling them," Michael Rosen, the show's senior producer, wrote in a letter Friday to the judge.

The once obscure probate judge has become the talk of the country since he was randomly assigned to handle the dispute about who should get to bury the starlet, Anna Nicole Smith. TV booking agents buzzed around the courthouse Friday. Seidlin's judicial assistant, JoAnn Gallo, said she's been taking at least 200 phone calls a day.

Gallo did not provide the CBS letter to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, but she confirmed it is the only offer of a regular spot Seidlin, 56, has received. He has gotten a mind-numbing amount of interview requests from "all the big names and the top shows," she said.

Seidlin sounded worn out as he relaxed with his young daughter, Dax, when contacted by phone Friday evening. "I just want to say I've always loved being a judge," Seidlin said. "It's inappropriate to talk now. I'm focused on the case, I'm just focusing on the case."

Seidlin's wife, Belinda, nixed any suggestion he will retire early.

"Absolutely not," she said. "He has a 6-year-old daughter. He can't retire any time soon."
[/FONT]

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-cseidlin24feb24,0,3542750.story?track=rss
http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1172224990954&rss=newswire

I second that... That court was crazier than the OJ Simpson trail. Hell, the circus was more civilized.

Back