Is Wearing a Full Body Armor Compulsory to Soldiers?

I am wondering if Full Body Armor or bullet proof vest is compulsory to all military men in the field. And are they given for free or do they have to invest for it?

Issued kit in the ADF. Wearing is mandatory at different times, depending on what you're doing.

IE, all crew and passengers in RAAF transports must wear armour and helmets below certain heights in Afghanistan.

Now if you failed to wear it and where injured in an area that would have been covered by the body armour and had to leave the forces do you think that you should be paid a pension as you had failed to take reasonable care of your self

Depends on what your mission is. For some spook missions, it´s not an advantage especially when you need maximum freedom of movement.
Yeah I was thinking in a more general sense if its appropriate and doesn't detract from anything, why wouldn't you?

Yes, while you are conducting any mission outside the wire in a combat zone, you must wear your body armor. Sometimes, you have to wear it even you don't leave the wire...like 03 said, leave your CHU and wear body armor...but that's generally if you're in a condition yellow or worse. This is for regular soldiers, I can't speak for SF or members of SOCOM.

Yes, while you are conducting any mission outside the wire in a combat zone, you must wear your body armor. Sometimes, you have to wear it even you don't leave the wire...like 03 said, leave your CHU and wear body armor...but that's generally if you're in a condition yellow or worse. This is for regular soldiers, I can't speak for SF or members of SOCOM.
Rule number one for British regulars: Always wear your combat tuxedo and battle bowler outside the wire. British SF/SOF -depends on the mission type.

Back