Weapons Topics

dougal

Id like to think I know my weapons and between my friends Id be known as a bit of a gun nut.

But my own military experience doesnt give me a wide knowledge due to limited machinery

So I find it hard to post here. Anyone else tell me the same?

While on the topic can a training Swaar shoot ammo?

im in the same situation lol

show me an M16 and an AK47 and ill be able to tell which is which but i dont know what the f00k the muzzle velocity of an M4 or the rpm of a minimi is lol

beardo said:
im in the same situation lol

show me an M16 and an AK47 and ill be able to tell which is which but i dont know what the f00k the muzzle velocity of an M4 or the rpm of a minimi is lol

That's what Google is for but I can't remember much about the weapon when I close the web page. Statisitcs are not my strong suit. I have to go to my own company's web site to bone up on missile and bomb systems that I have worked on.

i know only what im interested in... i dont care for the rpm and calibres etc... i just like seeing the weps and hardware and reading about how there is a problem and a how the solution was implemented.
i.e. problem: RPG
solution: ERA

now i dont intend to highjack the topic,but can someone tell me anything about Remington 700 syntethic?

Marksman said:
now i dont intend to highjack the topic,but can someone tell me anything about Remington 700 syntethic?
what exactly were you looking for, i'd suggest starting a new thread because i could elaborate a lil bit since i have a rem.

the way i see it is muzzle velocity and all of that jazz is really unimportant when it comes to basic weaponry. i notced for me that the only time i'm concerned with ballistics is when i'm target shooting or hunting. it still makes a difference when CQB is involved, but to a different degree. so the ballistics of an MP5 and M4 are less important than the ballistics of say, a M24. you don't have to be worried about fragmentation and penetration as much when you are "sniping." but those are a lot more important in a hostage situation.

Ya I deicate this topic to the :? people we shall call them like me and the ozzies. We can talk about our depleted armies and Styres n stuff.

lol dougal
have you used a styer?
what is it like? i have never fired a gun before and am curious, there isn't a gun range locally. what sort of characteristics are you looking for in a "good" gun?

One that kills enemies? :roll: I dont have a clue about wepaons, as long as they save your ass in a fight right?

Its a lovely rifle. Very practical. We shoot it in the Irish army. And im lucky to have shoot it in front of American and British Generals in the All Army falling plates tournament.

Back