Weapons.

--
Boots

November 5th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Topic: Weapons.

Why do americans believe that they should easily carry weapons?
November 5th, 2004  
Rocky_Raccoon

you have to specify.. do you mean Americans in the Military or American civilians? and this is just for the record "every 13seconds a gun stops a crime in america" -NRA thats one of the main reasons that i believe americans shuold be allowed carrying firearms, if it were up to me i think every citizen shuold recieve a gun, this way crime would dramatically drop becuase would you want to break into a house where you know there is going to be guns pointed right back at ya??? or an unarmed household...... makes perfect sense.
November 5th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Topic: Re: Weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
Why shouldn't they?
--
Boots
November 5th, 2004  
Airborne Eagle

Because it's a right we've had for centuries.
November 5th, 2004  
implicature

Topic: Re: Weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
with no disrespect...shouldn't the question be: why can't i carry weapons as easily as the americans?

all i am saying is i think it should be a right simply because of the things i see ppl do everytime i turn on the news
November 5th, 2004  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Eagle
Because it's a right we've had for centuries.
Yes, because it's the Second Amendment to the Constitusion.

Why can't you carry a firearm in your conutry? Whom knows. Your country could be a Monarchy, Dictatorship, Anarchy, ect... America's is a Republic/Democracy. For the people, by the people, of the people.

Look at you sig ItalianMan and tell me what it says, thats the same reason Americans have guns. As the Jews that where alive living in Germany during WWII what Hitler took away first " Their guns."
November 5th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Italy is a Democracy. But alot of Democracys have strict gun laws.
November 5th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

the US is hard on policy change, especially one like this being there since 1789
November 7th, 2004  
egoz

Jefferson put that in the Constitution so that the American citizens could bear arms to protect their rights from a tyranical government.

But it is very difficult to amend the Constitution. We've only had 27 amendments in the Constitution since 1789, ten of those being the Bill of Rights. And amending a right as popular as the right to bear arms would be quite difficult. Look at what happened when we banned alcohol.
November 7th, 2004  
mdvaden

Some Americans believe and say "you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers".

In general, guns are not a problem here unless a few idiots are careless, or the holder of the gun is a criminal.

But every state, recently, that has promoted and allowed concealed weapons permits, has had a dramatic decrease in violent crime without the need to have those weapons used in most cases.

The right to bear arms is one reason I took an oath to defend the constitution and acquire USA citizenship. I renounced my citizenship from Canada.

I am a regular person of the USA..